FAQ  •  Login

Which of the 5 DVD's did you watch first?

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Bladerunner1967

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:52 pm

Which of the 5 DVD's did you watch first?

I watched the work print!
Incredible.
I am in heaven with 4 more DVD's to watch.

Hell it feels like christmas everyday now....none of us ever thought we'd see all these DVD's features and analysis on our TV's.

I told my wife I amy not get any more X-mas shopping done!!

Like a dream come true...now all I have to do is live to 2019 and hit up the blade runner convention in LA!!!
At 40, I think I can make it 11 more years!!
Bladerunner 1967
<<

Bladerunner1967

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Which of the 5 DVD's did you watch first?

Bladerunner1967 wrote:I watched the work print!
Incredible.
I am in heaven with 4 more DVD's to watch.

Hell it feels like christmas everyday now....none of us ever thought we'd see all these DVD's features and analysis on our TV's.

I told my wife I amy not get any more X-mas shopping done!!

Like a dream come true...now all I have to do is live to 2019 and hit up the blade runner convention in LA!!!
At 40, I think I can make it 11 more years!!

Which one should I watch next??? :D :lol:
Bladerunner 1967
<<

B26355

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:59 pm

Next? Any of them. I really enjoyed the archive (deleted scenes, etc.) DVD. Some thing tells me I might see one more "final final cut".... hmm? Work print was awesome.. Final Cut is breathtakingly beautiful on HD-DVD. I know how you fell it's like Christmas week for me... Enjoy whichever one you see next.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:02 pm

First thing I watched were the deleted scenes.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

B26355

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:04 pm

Imagine having someone go through those and do a re-edit of BR... Although F/C is really really good.. Can't help but think of what could be added in. Mr. Scott sure is one heck of a director anyway you put it. I feel like a kid again after waiting for soooooooo long for a DVD set that is worth of this film. Cheers and Happy Holidays..

P.S. Do you think a convention will ever happen?? BR CON..??
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:45 pm

B26355 wrote:P.S. Do you think a convention will ever happen?? BR CON..??

I think it's doable. My target is November, 2009, somewhere in Downtown LA. My first choice venue would be the very futuristic (still futuristic since 1977 when it was built!) Bonaventure Hotel. Of course, if a certain motion picture company got behind such an effort and gave it a push, (I'm talking to YOU, Warner Bros!) it would be a done deal.

I know enough people who have put on cons in Los Angeles to where if I would be able to get them onboard it would be very likely to happen. Celebration IV was the most successful Star Wars Celebration yet, we will be host to Anime Expo this year, and the LA Science Fantasy Society (founded in 1934!) puts on LosCon every year near LAX. Also Anime Los Angeles is the fastest growing Anime convention in the US, and will be outgrowing its new digs at the Burbank Airport Marriott and headed for the same venue as LosCon near LAX in 2009.

I really do think we can do this. Most of the stars of Blade Runner are here in LA. The locations are here. The movie was set here. And reality here in LA has been trending towards an uncomfortable resemblance to Blade Runner since it was first released in 1982.

I suppose if the BR-Con is successful here in 2009, perhaps a second one could happen on the East Coast next year. Then perhaps London the year after that. Then cycle through destinations until November, 2019, where it could return to Los Angeles.

There is an entire thread about this in the "Blade Runner Round Table" forum. I suggest any further conversation about this should take place there.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Ford GT

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:30 pm

I watched Dangerous Days first, then the workprint (first time seeing that), start of the Final Cut and most of disc 4. I think it will be awhile before I look at disc 3.
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:17 pm

Re: Which of the 5 DVD's did you watch first?

Bladerunner1967 wrote:Which one should I watch next??? :D :lol:

Do yourself a favour and watch Dangerous Days. It's sooo beautiful, and if you think you've seen it all, well, think again... ;)
<<

NMMan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Saw all the deleted scenes and extras on Disc 4, then Dangerous Days on Disc 2, followed by the Workprint.

I'll probably catch the Final Cut again next, and check out the transfers of the previous versions last.
<<

top buzz

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:52 pm

I began today with the Final Cut. Then watched the Making of Dangerous Days and watched the beginning and ending of the workprint

deleted wrote:First thing I watched were the deleted scenes.

on which disc are they? are they shown all together?
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:15 pm

The Final Cut. :D
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:48 pm

Deleted scenes are on Disk 4, the Enhancement Archive. You have to dig for them. Opt to watch them all the way through, and you see a 6th version of the movie. It is quite the experience.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:59 pm

msgeek wrote:Deleted scenes are on Disk 4, the Enhancement Archive. You have to dig for them. Opt to watch them all the way through, and you see a 6th version of the movie. It is quite the experience.

:shock:
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:03 pm

Kipple wrote:
msgeek wrote:Deleted scenes are on Disk 4, the Enhancement Archive. You have to dig for them. Opt to watch them all the way through, and you see a 6th version of the movie. It is quite the experience.

:shock:

I'm serious, it's there. Disc 4, under "Fabrication." Go to the Alternate/Deleted Scenes selection and choose it. On the next screen, opt for "Play All." This really is a 6th version of the movie. So yeah: the 4-disc set has five versions of Blade Runner, and the 5-disc set has six.

To wit:
c. 1982 Workprint
1982 Theatrical Cut
1982 International Cut
1992 "Director's Cut"
2007 Final Cut
2007 Alternate/Deleted Scenes Cut

That makes six of 'em. And none of them got fried going through an electrical field.
<<

Anonymous

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:45 pm

Msgeek is right. It really is a sixth version. It's pretty incredible and awesome.
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut