FAQ  •  Login

DVD featurettes

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:29 pm

deepysea wrote:You know, for some reason it always bothered me that Rachael just happened to be passing through the same area of town that Deckard was in and that he spotted her in the crowd after shooting Zhora. So it was nice that Fancher offhandedly points out in his commentary that she knows Deckard's there...because he called her before. Duh!

I noticed a lot of this kind of situation in the film on disc 4.

The DC is clearly the WORST possible version of this film! I'm wondering how anyone could arrive at deleting the deleted scenes. The missing parts of the VO were also pivotal. Apparently, there are still missing elements. We got the crappy VO in the theatrical version when it was released, yet the cut scenes contain Deckard's voice rather than the Variety Artist's Agent's voice.

Who trashed BR???

I'm sure there is a lot more I have yet to get to since I am still on disc 4 yet.

That said: I am happy to finally see it all.
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:24 pm

Yesterday I watched, amongst others, the featurette on the poster artists:

It's great to finally meet Drew Struzan, one of my favourite (the only one left?) poster artists!

The pan across his studio was priceless, I had to laugh out loud:

First you see some female nudes, then there is Kermit (!) and finally the Blade Runner poster to the right.

What a guy! Great stuff. I love it. :lol:

His charming personality finally pushed me over the edge and convinced me to purchase his new poster for the film, despite being still a bit pricey around here (from the UK actually)...

The featurettes on Philip K. Dick and the novel vs. the film were very informative too (in the process I started to make a list of novels I have yet to read).

Tonight, I am really looking forward to the audio interviews with P.K.D. (I already caught a snippet of his thoughts about the footage he was shown - it's amazing to actually hear him discussing this after all these years - it's really sad he isn't able to experience all this attention he's gotten over the years) and possibly the last remaining commentary track with Douglas Trumbull & Co.

Fancher and Peoples were hilarious, informative and quite enjoyable to listen to...

Sir Scott is Sir Scott as always... ;-)

Have a better one,
Martin[/i]
<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:26 am

Yes, the Docs were very informative! Nice job Charles.
Previous

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut