Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

top buzz

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:21 am

Merc wrote:
Krokodyle wrote:
top buzz wrote:anyone can explain this ?

out of 2500 ?!

this is from a guy who bought the HD DVD Briefcase as i did ... but mine is out of 103000

Where was the country of origin of the seller? Maybe it was VERY limited in their country?

That might be the case. I ordered the standard DVD set from the Canadian Amazon site and mine looks like this :

nice. Actually its the better separation between DVD and HD...
<<

HoldenUnplugged

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:39 am

Mine is 33971/103000-pre ordered august from amazon usa,

sad little story of this fans wait

I work for GE Money Australia-so when someone is not screaming at me over their credit card-i'm allowed to browse the net-sadly no Bladezone/forums all are barred by the thoughtpolice i mean "Compliance" as our security are known.

But I'm allowed to go Amazon.com-so eagerly i tracked my standard UCE as it made its way down under via ups. alls good now its a busy time so my days off are few and far between before christmas day itself.

To my horror the amazon tracker indicated that the package had arrived at my door and i was not there i was at work. thats ok until i read UPS policy of three attempts to deliver it otherwise after they RETURN it to Amazon com USA in kentucky somewhere!

ARGGHHH!

Now the next day I was home-i rang UPS australia to get the estimate time the driver will rock up-im told anytime-so I say fine I will be ready-well hows this,

Nature Calls and i'm seated (The most polite way i could type this) when from the front door I hear a vehicle pulling away! In that couple of minutes I' miss out-I can take no more days off work-and I was 2 attempts down-so I ring UPS -much wailing and gnashing of teeth -they radio the driver and he agrees to come back.

Very close to a very bad christmas.....

Again like to state how in Australia the prices are inflated so from Amazon USA with expedited shipping came to roughly $90 Australian -here the UCE is $160 Australian-
Deckard: I don't work here anymore. Give it to Holden. He's good.

Bryant: I did. He can breathe okay as long as nobody unplugs him.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:12 am

I still can't believe Australia charges so much...its really criminal.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Vampire Knight

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:27 am

076435/103000 - HD DVD

I had to import this from the US, but it was worth the wait \o/
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:55 am

Vampire Knight wrote:076435/103000 - HD DVD

Dude, you're initials are VK, that is awesome.

Welcome to Bladezone.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Krokodyle

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:41 pm

HoldenUnplugged wrote:Mine is 33971/103000-pre ordered august from amazon usa,

sad little story of this fans wait

To my horror the amazon tracker indicated that the package had arrived at my door and i was not there i was at work. thats ok until i read UPS policy of three attempts to deliver it otherwise after they RETURN it to Amazon com USA in kentucky somewhere!

ARGGHHH!

Now the next day I was home-i rang UPS australia to get the estimate time the driver will rock up-im told anytime-so I say fine I will be ready-well hows this,

Nature Calls and i'm seated (The most polite way i could type this) when from the front door I hear a vehicle pulling away! In that couple of minutes I' miss out-I can take no more days off work-and I was 2 attempts down-so I ring UPS -much wailing and gnashing of teeth -they radio the driver and he agrees to come back.

Again like to state how in Australia the prices are inflated so from Amazon USA with expedited shipping came to roughly $90 Australian -here the UCE is $160 Australian-

That's quite a story! At least you got it, inflated prices and all. Shipping overseas is never cheap, especially expedited, but I'm sure you know that. :wink:

As a side-note regarding UPS, you should be able to call them once you get a door tag (w/a item number) and tell them that you are going to pick it up at their delivery warehouse. It's a good option if the warehouse is close by to your home or office, and/or they try delivering while you're at work, since they are usually open later hours for customer pickups. At least that's how it is here in the states, perhaps it's different over there.
<<

Krokodyle

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:56 pm

Kipple wrote:
Kipple wrote:Just got it!

034038/103000

:D

However...The Final Cut DVD stammers the first 4 1/2 minutes. :evil:

My Disc 5 (WP) froze around the same time (I can't remember exactly, but it was within the first 10 minutes), and I used a mid-priced Pioneer player from a few years ago. I skipped back a few minutes and it played through without a hitch all the way to the end, so I'm hoping it was just an isolated incident... :?
<<

Vampire Knight

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 pm

deleted wrote:
Vampire Knight wrote:076435/103000 - HD DVD

Dude, you're initials are VK, that is awesome.

Welcome to Bladezone.

Thanks man.

My alias is actually from Zdaemon (an online doom 2 port), but perhaps i was sub consciously thinking of Voight-Kampff at the time i thought of it...

I have to wait until i have enough money to buy a HD DVD player, before i can watch the Final cut and other material. This is a real test of patience and resolve, especially since i couldn't make it to the cinemas to watch it (money and time issues again). The simple reason for delaying and not just watching it on DVD; i just want to see Blade Runner in all its visual glory, i think its earned that honour.

Ill keep my fingers crossed that the discs are faultless :!:
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:04 pm

The briefcase I got from the guy who parted out his 5 DVD set, which I'm going to turn into a bento (lunchbox) is 45940/10300. If the briefcase was a lower number than my "keeper" set, I'd probably had switched. But no, my 5 DVD set was a lower number, so this is the sacrificial electric sheep for the project.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:50 pm

I have to wait until i have enough money to buy a HD DVD player, before i can watch the Final cut and other material.

Unless i have been stitched up with my Blu Ray Briefcase you will be able to watch the extra's as they are on SD DVD. There is only 3 BluRay discs in my 5 disc Bluray set.
More human than human
<<

doc

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:27 am

089316/103000 :?
<<

Corkus721

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Void Kampf Case Versions

I received No. 3753 out of 4400 (Australian PAL release). Was blown away by the multi-image holgraphic slide, I hadn't seen anything like it before (maybe I live a sheltered life here in Knoxfield Victoria).

Love the set and am currently going through ALL the doco stuff first, before starting on the movies. What crapped me out was that I pre-ordered it online through EZDVD (I am a very regular customer of their local store) and the day after it arrived, they had it on the shelf for $30 less. I emailed EZDVD via the site it was purchased through, requesting a rebate, but the eventual reply said 'no go, too bad'. Polite but firm complaining seems to have done nothing.

My pre-ordering days are now gone, too risky.
<<

Krokodyle

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:10 pm

ridleyville wrote:Unless i have been stitched up with my Blu Ray Briefcase you will be able to watch the extra's as they are on SD DVD. There is only 3 BluRay discs in my 5 disc Bluray set.

Did you get this sorted? My Bluray set has 5 discs in it. Sounds like yours is defective?

Oh, and the Blueray disc case sucks donkey b*lls. They need to improve THAT little bit of storage technology... :evil: At least my discs weren't visibly damaged...but only playing them will ensure they're OK.
Last edited by Krokodyle on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<<

Corkus721

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:11 pm

$160, wow!!! And I thought I got shafted at $145. :shock:
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:24 pm

Krokodyle wrote:Did you get this sorted? My Bluray set has 5 discs in it. Sounds like yours is defective?

We all have 5 discs in the Blu-ray sets. The 3 with different versions of BR on them are Blu-ray, the extras on the other 2 discs are DVD.
And so, I think ridleyville was explaining to Vampire Knight that he doesn't need to wait to watch Dangerous Days, deleted scenes, etc., they can be viewed on a standard dvd player. Check the discs... 3 say blu-ray, 2 say dvd. The HD sets are the same way.
ImageImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut