FAQ  •  Login

For those who bought the briefcase...

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Charles de Lauzirika

Honorary Member

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:18 am

Ford GT wrote:Cool. I figured you, Ridley or someone else would get that number!

Ridley got 000001. Warners originally thought they might be able to secure me 000005, but they pulled a sneaky bait and switch on me in the end. They knew all along which number they were giving me. So imagine my surprise when my case arrives and it's 000002!

I love Warner Home Video! :)
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:35 am

I'd say you damn well better have gotten #2!
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:38 pm

Kipple wrote:Just got it!

034038/103000

:D

However...The Final Cut DVD stammers the first 4 1/2 minutes. :evil:
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:55 pm

Kipple wrote:
Kipple wrote:Just got it!

034038/103000

:D

However...The Final Cut DVD stammers the first 4 1/2 minutes. :evil:

I'm sure you could get in touch with WHV and get a replacement disc.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:51 pm

The Enhancement Archive DVD navigation is a bit glitchy. Sometimes you wind up in "blind alleys" which require ejecting and reinserting to get around. Maybe it's just my Sith*Mart special DVD player, and this is just a challenging DVD like the original Matrix DVD with its "White Rabbit" feature that gave some DVD players fits.

All the content is fine on it, but sometimes it requires some digging to get there.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Charles de Lauzirika

Honorary Member

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:08 pm

All of the discs are pretty simple, navigationally. Nothing cutting edge about them really, and they follow pretty much the same structure used on the Alien Quadrilogy and Kingdom of Heaven. If anything, they're pretty old fashioned.

There is one minor glitch on Disc 4 that I caught back in the check disc phase but I guess the authoring facility didn't fix in time: The "play all" function in the PKD audio interviews doesn't work. Aside from that, everything plays perfectly fine on all of my players.

Otherwise, it's probably a player compatibility problem that might affect older or substandard players. Unfortunately, it happens from time-to-time.
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:44 pm

Charles de Lauzirika wrote:Otherwise, it's probably a player compatibility problem that might affect older or substandard players. Unfortunately, it happens from time-to-time.

Heh, it's prolly the latter. :wink: It was the cheapest player I could find that also played DivX/XviD. It's Magnavox, which basically means Hacked by Chinese at this point. Once you get out of the Videophile strata for DVD players -- and those are getting harder to find now that Videophiles are jumping ship for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD -- you basically wind up with a panoply of crap, all clustered at the sub-$100 level.

I should try the discs in my MacBook. Yeah, yeah, different CLUT, everything will green-shift. But I bet it will play the discs without glitching.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Predrhone

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:16 pm

039800/103000

Haven't watched any of it yet... waiting for my surround sound system come the holiday. :D
"I will wait for you, until the sky is blue. I will wait for you, what else can I do?"
<<

Ford GT

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:11 am

Charles de Lauzirika wrote:There is one minor glitch on Disc 4 that I caught back in the check disc phase but I guess the authoring facility didn't fix in time: The "play all" function in the PKD audio interviews doesn't work. Aside from that, everything plays perfectly fine on all of my players.

First, congrats on getting case #2!!! I caught this glitch while watching disc 4 on my portable dvd player. I was going to try it in my main dvd player (xbox 360) but sounds like it won't matter.

Maybe I should start a new thread but can you go into detail how you got Stacey Nelkin involved? The last time I thought to pull her up on IMDB was when Up The Academy finally came out on dvd. Thanks and Thank You for the work you did on this set! I think the numbers are going to be great as I only saw one copy of the 2 disc set today at Best Buy.
<<

Deckards double

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:03 pm

011483/103000
Couldn't believe it arrived here from the states in less than two days!
It was perfect delivery as i actually followed the UPS van to my front door after taking the kids to school and the driver handed it to me as i got out of the car 8)

If you're reading this Charles, i'd like to say thanks so much as the 5 disk briefcase is a real piece of work..... so much so that i welled up when i read Ridleys letter.
<<

Predrhone

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:23 pm

Allright, I'm a bit confused about how many of these things exist.

On the Amazon.com customer discussions for the standard def version, there's also a thread about how many exactly of each briefcase will be produced. Some post theirs out of 103,000. Some post theirs out of 10,000. The topic of other regions was brought up, but some US buyers still claim theirs to be out of 10,000.

I was under the impression that the 103,000 edition size included the Standard, Blu-Ray as well as HD-DVD versions of the briefcase. Unless these people are just misinterpreting the shiny little sticker, then I just can't see where the two different numbers are coming from. :?:
"I will wait for you, until the sky is blue. I will wait for you, what else can I do?"
<<

Cold Fish

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:22 pm

Predrhone wrote:Allright, I'm a bit confused about how many of these things exist. . . .
I was under the impression that the 103,000 edition size included the Standard, Blu-Ray as well as HD-DVD versions of the briefcase.

correct
<<

TechFalcon

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:16 pm

I got the standard DVD briefcase through Amazon. 060039/103000
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:44 pm

So finally I opened my parcel this evening. :-)

One last time: THANK YOU, Charles! :cry: :lol:

15800 is a nice round number, don't you think?

Both unicorn and spinner are on display now, which makes the Blade Runner Trilogy Soundtrack fit snuggly next to the DVDs in the briefcase. ;-)

I peeked into pretty much every featurette and menu on all discs (although I've already enjoyed the 2-disc set), looked at, read, touched, and cleaned (!) everything in and around the briefcase. I made it mine, so to speak.

Having watched the first few seconds of its title sequence and having to force myself to quit watching it (on the computer instead of projecting it properly) with eyes and mouth wide open, I realized strong medication is in order to watch the 47 minutes version (this must be watched as the grand finale IMHO!), it will be that amazing, wow! :shock:

I have to agree with somebody else's opinion about the lenticular image: I would have prefered the eye or the city. Having said that: A moving photograph - of Deckard about to discover the unicorn, no less - as the first thing you see when opening the briefcase is still very, very cool and fitting indeed!

Now it's 3.30 a.m. - I think I'll call it a day (what a day!) and dream of memories!

Good night to all you Blade Runners out there,
Martin
<<

Charles de Lauzirika

Honorary Member

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:35 pm

The eye would have been a good idea for the lenticular. My idea was to use Rachael's photo of her and her mother and have it come to life for a few frames when you shift it -- and Warners actually did a test of this, which was kind of cool. They even printed Rachael's illegible scrawl on the back! The problem was it was so subtle that it didn't make sense to most non-hardcore BR fans and therefore Warners couldn't justify the cost of doing it. But it was very nice of them to indulge me on it and give it a fair try.
PreviousNext

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut