Wired, 12/2007, Page 101

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:25 pm

Wired, 12/2007, Page 101

OK, there's an ad for the DVD in the new Wired.

It is not using the new poster art, nor the old poster art. Rather, it is using a picture of Harrison...or is it Ben? Ford, in front of a new photographic background. He's wearing a lame black leather or pleather jacket with a fur or fake fur collar...does not look AT ALL like the "hero trenchcoat." You see a picture of the plastic briefcase right next to him, superimposed.

Questions...is the guy in the picture Harrison or Ben Ford? If it's Harrison this is a great Photoshop job.

Comment: lame costuming. Should have sprung for an Abbyshot trench or gotten in touch with Rachael in Portland who posts on Propsummit.

All told: what they really should have done was go with the new BR:FC poster art. It's gorgeous. It stands proudly and says "I am Blade Runner." Instead, the ad is a botch. :roll:
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

photek

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:58 pm

I would agree regarding the choice of cover art ... they should have gone with the new FC poster. Ironically, I saw the ad Friday night in the car during the ride home from seeing ... BRFC in San Francisco (both shows sold out!)! We stopped for gas and I picked up my buddy's new WIRED off the floor and flipping through came up on the advert. Nice surprise but the movie poster would have been more appropriate.
FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD
- George Orwell

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut