FAQ  •  Login

BR-FC Special Event @ JVA Film Fest, L.A., CA - 12/9/07

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

dmohrUSC

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:45 pm

BR-FC Special Event @ JVA Film Fest, L.A., CA - 12/9/07

From vfxworld.com:

Cast and filmmakers will attend a special Los Angeles red carpet screening of BLADE RUNNER: THE FINAL CUT, which has been set for Dec. 9 at 5:00 p.m. at the Shrine auditorium as part of the prestigious Jules Verne Adventure Film Festival. This year, the Festival honors Sir Ridley Scott and his team with a Special Award for their restoration of the film. Seating is limited with tickets available at www.jvaff.org or ticketmaster.com.

http://www.vfxworld.com/?sa=adv&code=36 ... s&id=21262

http://www.julesvernefestival.com/spip. ... 32&lang=fr
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:19 pm

There are times when I wish I could warp through the universe.

sigh, Welcome to New Jersey.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

NMMan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:58 pm

^

Amen to that. :)
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:26 pm

So is anyone else going to this? The online ordering was kind of confusing; at first I was worried that I might be purchasing tickets to the William Shatner awards show. But it looks like it worked.
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:30 am

I enjoyed this event and it was certainly great to see everyone involved with the film. They had one of Winfield's taxis in the lobby. (I'll post some pics if I get a chance.)

But where did I hear that there would be a party at the Bradbury afterwards? I showed up and, yes, there were funky neon lights streaming out the building, but they wouldn't so much as even let me in the door. Apparently, it was invitation only. So that was quite disappointing. Now I have to figure out where I initially heard about it...?
<<

photek

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:51 am

hey deepysea,

cheers to you for making the effort. typical eh? the guy who most cares about being there isn't allowed in. meanwhile there are probably 50 people there who went "with a friend" ...

anyway, i wanted to go and nearly made the trip from Monterey, but just didnt have the time this weekend. i would really like a short synopsis of the evening if you have the time. i heard Ford AND scott were going to be there among other cast and crew. anything you have to offer would be greatly appreciated!
FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD
- George Orwell
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:31 am

deepysea wrote:I enjoyed this event and it was certainly great to see everyone involved with the film. They had one of Winfield's taxis in the lobby. (I'll post some pics if I get a chance.)

But where did I hear that there would be a party at the Bradbury afterwards? I showed up and, yes, there were funky neon lights streaming out the building, but they wouldn't so much as even let me in the door. Apparently, it was invitation only. So that was quite disappointing. Now I have to figure out where I initially heard about it...?

That must have been the 180 person party thing I heard about.
-Ridley Scott
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:32 am

Photek, I heard they would be there, too, but they weren't, although Scott did record a brief video greeting from the set of Body of Lies in Morocco.

But Young, Cassidy, and most of the supplementary cast was there, as was PKD's daughter, and what seemed like BR's entire technical crew. It was great to see them (and our hero Charles) getting full artistic recognition after 25 years, but other than that, I'm not sure it was an must-see event at all, especially if you've already seen the FC on the big screen.

Incidentally, I did notice that the FC is noticeably darker, but the contrast really works theatrically--the image just pops out on the screen. Still can't say anything definitive about the warmth of the image, but taken on its ownn terms (without comparing it to previous versions) it works beautifully.

(Also--and many of you may have already put two-and-two together--but after seeing the Bits' still of Deckard and his wife, I noticed the picture at the right end of the piano, one of the first photos the camera passes in its left-tracking movement that ends with Deckard hitting the key before his reverie.)
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:23 am

Hmm...looks like several press sites (like Mania.com) were invited to the Bradbury party and blithely reported it as if it was a public event, which it wasn't. I wish someone had warned us. Luckily I didn't need parking validation.

I celebrated on my own with sushi and a bottle of Tsing Tao.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:05 pm

deepysea wrote:Hmm...looks like several press sites (like Mania.com) were invited to the Bradbury party and blithely reported it as if it was a public event, which it wasn't. I wish someone had warned us. Luckily I didn't need parking validation.

I celebrated on my own with sushi and a bottle of Tsing Tao.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!
-Ridley Scott
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:26 pm

Spinner 44 on Propsummit was one of the chosen few invited to the Bradbury party. He got pix.

Thread link: http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=635

Lucky dog, that Spinner... 8) :shock: 8)
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:33 pm

Wow...that is rather impressive. Looks like they really went all out for that.

He takes some really nice pics, too.
-Ridley Scott
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:35 pm

deleted wrote:He takes some really nice pics, too.

I think he does this sort of thing for a living, actually. That, and apparently designing t-shirts and other graphic arts funstuff.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

photek

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:32 am

thanks deepysea - i was afraid that would be an itch i could never scratch... luckily i caught the FC in SF last week. however, i would have really enjoyed talking with the crew about behind the scenes anecdotes, etc. anyway, thanks again for the low-down and for making the haul for the rest of us. hope the sushi was good - and the Tsing Tao ... well it always is!

as for Spinner44 ... well, i dont even have words. i hope he is working on a 5-page write up! its just a damned shame they didn't let deepysea in. i hope the powers that be take notice of oversights like this. its the dedicated fans who made this thing what it is today...
FOUR LEGS GOOD, TWO LEGS BAD
- George Orwell
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:24 pm

Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut