FAQ  •  Login

Brand new Paul M. Sammon interview

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

dmohrUSC

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:37 pm

Brand new Paul M. Sammon interview

Paul Sammon talks Blade Runner: The Final Cut, Deckard as a Replicant and about a possible Sequel:

http://www.sknr.net/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=32
<<

ghost of 82

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:50 pm

Funny, I was only joking on another thread about a remake/sequel, and then I read this interview and Sammon states there have been rumours.

To be honest its the one worry I have about the success of the limited cinema release of the FC and the DVD sales this Christmas. Its almost inevitable that those Hollywood execs will start a new BR project. I mean, they remake everything now, even films that failed to make money the first time around. They have no new ideas. And I dread to think what modern Hollywood would do with BR. No doubt it would be like most remakes, starring beautiful young people with lots of cgi thrills.

I'd hate to see a sequel to BR. That would be payback time for all fans who are enjoying this crazy BR revival, the sting in the tail.
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:04 pm

Don't I know it, ghost... :cry:

All this year's hubbub about a possible BR sequel makes me think of (and groan equally re:) the funniest bit of movie-industry satire I've read in awhile - check this one out: "Brett Ratner's Notes For His Film Version of 'The Road' by Cormac McCarthy."

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2007/8/24molyneux.html
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:43 pm

Here's my dream BR sequel lineup. This is the only way I think any sort of sequel could possibly hope to match the once-in-a-lifetime artistry and aesthetic integrity of BR's Final Cut:

Co-directed by Michael Bay, Tom Shadyac and McG
Screenplay by Joe Eszterhas and Rob Zombie
Photographed and edited by MTV's The Real World production & post-production departments
Starring:
Deckard - Josh Hartnett or Aston Kutcher
Rachel - Katie Holmes or Denise Richards or Lindsay Lohan or Jessica Simpson or Jenny McCarthy
Gaff - Cuba Gooding Jr. (I know he's not of Hispanic ethnicity, but what difference does it make?)
New replicants played by: The Rock, P. Diddy, David Hasselhoff, Tim Allen, Rob Schneider, Hilary Duff, Martin Short and David Schwimmer
Soundtrack music by 50 Cent, Mariah Carey, Metallica and Celine Dion

Now get to work, Hollywood :lol:
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:51 pm

dmohrUSC wrote:Here's my dream BR sequel lineup. This is the only way I think any sort of sequel could possibly hope to match the once-in-a-lifetime artistry and aesthetic integrity of BR's Final Cut:

Co-directed by Michael Bay, Tom Shadyac and McG
Screenplay by Joe Eszterhas and Rob Zombie
Photographed and edited by MTV's The Real World production & post-production departments
Starring:
Deckard - Josh Hartnett or Aston Kutcher
Rachel - Katie Holmes or Denise Richards or Lindsay Lohan or Jessica Simpson or Jenny McCarthy
Gaff - Cuba Gooding Jr. (I know he's not of Hispanic ethnicity, but what difference does it make?)
New replicants played by: The Rock, P. Diddy, David Hasselhoff, Tim Allen, Rob Schneider, Hilary Duff, Martin Short and David Schwimmer
Soundtrack music by 50 Cent, Mariah Carey, Metallica and Celine Dion

Now get to work, Hollywood :lol:

Woah, I thought you were serious for a second there.

I can't wait for that new edition.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut