FAQ  •  Login

New clips

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

dmohrUSC

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:59 pm

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Mr. Origami. A few days ago I hunted around for several minutes in the various Forums on BladeZone and couldn't find anything re: the BR sdtk., so I decided to post in this thread until someone like yourself would hopefully come into my life and set me straight.

If the BZ webmasters have any way of moving the last few posts in this thread re: the BR sdtk. over to the thread that Mr. Origami provides in his previous post, that would be much appreciated, thanks. Otherwise, my apologies for going off topic in this thread.
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:47 pm

the video "future cars" is great! :)
ImageImage

"THE NEWEST MACHINE IN THE WORLD WILL NEVER
MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:11 pm

So is the great hour-plus seminar from the New York Film Festival.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:56 am

deepysea wrote:So is the great hour-plus seminar from the New York Film Festival.

You were there too?

Wait, are there clips of it online??
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:17 am

Alas, I wasn't there, but the whole shebang is in the Video section of the official site.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:17 pm

deepysea wrote:Alas, I wasn't there, but the whole shebang is in the Video section of the official site.

Ah, thank you.
-Ridley Scott
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:28 pm

Not a new clip, but utterly random speculation: I'm wondering what are the odds of Ridley Scott's ads for Barclays or Apple showing up on the DVD as easter eggs? (Fun viewing if you haven't seen them. And it looks like Barclays needs a wire removal Final Cut!)
<<

Charles de Lauzirika

Honorary Member

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:38 pm

***SPOILER!***

There are no Easter Eggs on any of the five discs. I really wanted to include a gallery of all of Ridley's futuristic commercials, but we couldn't get clearance (or even a response, in some cases) from the companies and agencies involved.
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:18 pm

Rats, well thanks for trying! (And I'm not sure that constitutes a spoiler, but it could certainly save us hours pressing every button on our remotes on every screen of the five-disc set. ;) )
<<

Charles de Lauzirika

Honorary Member

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:14 pm

It's probably not a spoiler, but better safe than Kippled. :wink:
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:58 pm

Charles de Lauzirika wrote:***SPOILER!***

There are no Easter Eggs on any of the five discs. I really wanted to include a gallery of all of Ridley's futuristic commercials, but we couldn't get clearance (or even a response, in some cases) from the companies and agencies involved.

Shit, that would have been nifty.

Which ones did you have in mind? Other than 1984. Maybe they're on Youtube or elsewhere on the net?

And wow, I've never seen that Barclay's ad, thanks deepysea.
-Ridley Scott
<<

Noneoftheabove

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:16 am

Hey Charles, how much of the cutting room floor material did you have access to when working on the Final Cut?

How much of the film are we not able to see as fans? And were there deleted scenes you wanted to make available but couldn't with this release?
<<

Charles de Lauzirika

Honorary Member

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:52 am

I'll probably go into more detail about that process sometime in the future. But in short, there was a TON of raw footage that no one (outside of a few people, like Terry Rawlings) had ever seen before. Hours and hours and hours. It took me about 2 months to go through it all.

And everything that worked as a coherent deleted scene made it onto the DVD. Other moments that were incomplete (such as Deckard chasing Zhora across the car rooftops) appear instead as outtakes in Dangerous Days and the other featurettes.
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:49 am

My initial reaction to Charles' previous post was to suggest that Warner Bros. offer a streaming online download of all the hours and hours of rough BR footage, and charge viewers $50 an hour for all the hassle of making it available, and they would make themselves a bundle in the process (and I would be sapped dry financially, but very happy ).

But then I thought about the videocopy of a 5 1/2 hour workprint of Apocalypse Now that I picked up on the black market (well, alright, it was eBay :wink:) several years ago, and watching it was just a slog; sure, there were intermittent curiosities throughout, but there were 15 whole minutes at the end of mind-numbingly repetitive shots of Martin Sheen being carried around the jungle fortress by Cambodian tribes, and all I could think was, what the hell is this and why should I care? Of course, I'm only speaking for myself and no one else; but I think that after the initial thrill of seeing some of the BR rough footage that wasn't ever pieced together in any 'completed' sense, trying to sit down and actually watch all the hours of BR rough footage is probably a pretty dry and boring experience.

So while all of us are losing our minds over Charles' last post, I just offer this up as counter-psychology: it really sounds like Charles did his very best to get as much genuinely watchable material onto the BR Ultimate Collection, and whatever was left out probably wasn't all THAT unbelievably amazing to behold anyways. (I picked up that Apocalypse Now workprint videocopy almost 10 years ago, and watched / fast-forwarded through it probably twice, and it's been collecting dust in storage ever since.) We're getting 45 MORE MINUTES of completed BR sequences (fully edited with audio and narration and score in place), and that's something I never thought I'd live to see. Like my mom used to tell me when I was a kid (as much as I hated hearing it :lol:), "be thankful for what you get!"
<<

starramus

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:14 pm

Yeah that's the way it is. Trickle down theory at its worst. On our knees begging for crumbs in the BR scarcity zone. That is the way it has been throughout the history of BR. Like listening to the New American Orchestra for years whilst the Vangelis music rotted on the shelf. Life is hell as a fan boy. :lol: They have done well controlling the supply while carefully cultivating demand.
PreviousNext

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut