Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:48 am

Sam wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN_x8HzNrTI

Not sure if this was posted yet.

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!!!! tears rolling down my eyes! the new shot with the TDK sign on the background is totally awesome! and i'll never stop loving Hauer for that half a smile he has just before he dies. pure genius! pure art!

(ps: sorry guys, can please someone type down Gaff's last line after "You've done a men's job, sir"? being not English mothertongue i can't understand it clearly. thanks in advance!)
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:53 am

Gaff: "But are you sure you are a man? It's hard to tell who's who around here."
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:57 am

thanks DM! :wink:

excuse my ignorance, guys, that line could be probably found in some scripts but i don't know them word by word (but of course i do know the DC lines word by word!). :lol:
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:56 pm

Planta wrote:thanks DM! :wink:

excuse my ignorance, guys, that line could be probably found in some scripts but i don't know them word by word (but of course i do know the DC lines word by word!). :lol:

Yup, that was from one of the other scripts. I had heard of the line, and had assumed it was merely re-wriitten in the scripting stage, but it seems that they did indeed film it.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:41 pm

There's a larger-sized video clip of the new outtake of Deckard and Rachel available at Warner's official BR site.

http://bladerunnerthemovie.warnerbros.com/

Go to gallery, select Video, then Film Clips, and select "Wash Up."
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:07 pm

dmohrUSC wrote:
Go to gallery, select Video, then Film Clips, and select "Wash Up."

No. I don't want to!

I've been avoiding the "spoilers". Want to wait and be surprised. :)
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:21 pm

Kipple, color me amazed; your rigorous level of disciplined restraint as an Off-World Forum Admin would turn master samurais scarlet-faced with professional envy.

I'm just too much of a damned card-carrying internet-expressway existentialist to hold back anymore. You know, we could be in a pileup on the interstate tomorrow, and have never lived to see any of this stuff. "Watch it while you can" is our motto :D
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:29 pm

Although it's mentioned on BladeZone's front page, I didn't see any Forum threads started re: the new 3-CD edition of Vangelis' BR score, so I figured I'd just tack this bit into my own personal favorite thread :D Anyways, here's an article with the cover art of the new Vangelis release:

http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/article.asp?ID=996

I really wonder if this will finally be the definitive version of the soundtrack...I'm one of the fans who still totally prefers the bootleg 'Gongo' version of the soundtrack to Vangelis' officially-released version of the soundtrack in 1994 - I almost took offense at his inserting new tracks into the mix, which really weren't anywhere near as inspired as his original work; and the audio clips from the movie were (to me, anyways) extremely cheesy. Not to mention, it seemed like the Gongo version had at least TWICE the amount of brilliant, unadulterated original score from the movie that the 'official' 1994 version of the soundtrack did, so there was (and still is) no contest. But, of course I'm still very interested to see what this upcoming release adds to BR's musical legacy.
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Wrong thread, but I'm in total agreement with you in regards to the 1994 release and the prospect of more of the same, in terms of dialogue (and even--shudder--guest readings). I've always found myself trying to skip over the dialogue sections of the 1994 release and as a result, rarely listen to it; sadly, the bootlegs are still preferable.

Something like this is the way it should've been done.
<<

ghost of 82

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:42 pm

The ONLY fault I can see with the new DVD set is the lack of an isolated soundtrack. But the rest is so good I can forgive it. :)
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:41 pm

dmohrUSC wrote:I really wonder if this will finally be the definitive version of the soundtrack...I'm one of the fans who still totally prefers the bootleg 'Gongo' version of the soundtrack to Vangelis' officially-released version of the soundtrack in 1994 - I almost took offense at his inserting new tracks into the mix, which really weren't anywhere near as inspired as his original work; and the audio clips from the movie were (to me, anyways) extremely cheesy. Not to mention, it seemed like the Gongo version had at least TWICE the amount of brilliant, unadulterated original score from the movie that the 'official' 1994 version of the soundtrack did, so there was (and still is) no contest. But, of course I'm still very interested to see what this upcoming release adds to BR's musical legacy.

Ever listened to the Esper Edition?
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:44 pm

No, I haven't listened to the Esper edition - but seriously folks - anyone out there with a copy of it on CD, please let me know, and let's do some private-messaging - would LOVE to get ahold of a copy of it somehow, and swap some blank CD-R's in the process (sheesh, it's been years since I've done any online CD-R swapping, but I've accumulated quite the collection of bootlegs over the years (only traded, never sold) if anyone's interested...! Thanks much :D
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:16 am

No worries re: that last post - I'm downloading the entire Esper sdtk. on Soulseek. Thanks again for the recommendation, can't wait to hear it!
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:37 am

So I fast-forwarded through both CDs of the Esper edition sdtk. on the way to work yesterday, and to my knowledge there are only *two* additional tracks on it of music from Vangelis' original BR that 1. are not on the Gongo release, 2. have not been just directly lifted from the movie's soundtrack, complete with sound effects and dialogue, etc., and 3. are not Vangelis' "new" songs that he added to his own "official" soundtrack release in 1994 (both of which I'm not a fan of). These two songs are:

Track 21 - Salome's Dance (heard when the MC at Taffey Lewis' announces "Miss Salome and the Snake")
Track 26 - Morning at the Bradbury (heard when Pris spraypaints her eyelids at J.F. Sebastian's home)

It's awesome to finally hear these two new songs in their 'unadulterated' entirety...definitely worth a download. But as for the rest of the Esper edition, I'll stick with the Gongo edition, thanks much. I really don't get into Vangelis' so-called "new" BR material circa 1994, and the sound FX from the movie that're inundated throughout the Esper edition are (for me) just distracting. And it doesn't feature the haunting opening "Ladd Co. titles" prologue, or "If I Didn't Care" (which is on the Off World recording but not the Gongo, which has "One More Kiss, Dear" instead). As for personal history, 15 years ago I spent an afternoon making a similar audiocassette (remember those?) recording of all the music cues in BR directly from the movie off my home-movie stereo system, so the Esper edition really doesn't blow me away in that regard: it's basically all Vangelis' glorious original tracks from the Gongo edition, Vangelis' 1994 pieces, and lots of other music cues recorded directly off the movie's soundtrack itself. Oh, and those two 'unadulterated' songs from Vangelis' original 1982 sdtk. - those two amazing, amazingly beautiful new songs :D

Folks also might be interested in this latest posting re: Vangelis' upcoming 3-CD edition of the BR sdtk. (featuring spoken word recitations by Rutger Hauer, Edward James Olmos, Ridley Scott, and...Roman Polanski!? :shock: ):

Vangelis Bladerunner - The cult movie sees its 25th Anniversary this year. As part of this celebration a special 'Final Cut' version of the movie is to get a cinema release along with a DVD box set and this CD. The soundtrack release from the movie was delayed until 1994 when Warners released an edited version of the film score. Now for the first time ever the full original score has been made available plus a brand new album from Vangelis of music inspired by Blade Runner. The CD comes in a triple Digipack with new sleeve notes from Ridley Scott. The CDs are as follows: CD1 - The original 1994 soundtrack album. CD2 - Previously unreleased music from the film plus bonus material. CD3 - A new album from Vangelis inspired by Blade Runner.

Disc 2: Blade Runner Previously Unreleased And Bonus Material
Longing
Unveiled Twinkling Space
Dr. Tyrell's Owl
At Mr. Chew's
Leo's Room
One Alone (Bonus Track)
Deckard And Roy's Duel -
Dr. Tyrell's Death
Desolation Path (Bonus Track)
Empty Streets
Mechanical Dolls
Fading Away

Disc 3: Blade Runner 25th Anniversary
Launch Approval Spoken Word. Scott Bolton, Bryce Bolton
Up And Running Spoken Word. Sir Ridley Scott
Mail From India Ney. C. Lambrakis
BR Downtown Bruno Delaye (Ambassador Of France To Spain) Akiko Ebi, Cherry Vanilla
Dimitri's Bar Akiko Ebi, Oliver Stone, Saxophone. Dimitris Tsakas
Sweet Solitude Saxophone. Dimitris Tsakas
No Expectation Boulevard Spoken Word. Rutger Hauer, Wes Studi, Bhaskar Balakrishnan (Executive Director Of The Asian Heritage Foundation), Shobhana Balakrishnan, Laura Metaxa, Sir Ridley Scott, Zhao Yali (Ambassador Of The People's Republic Of China To Cyprus)
Vadavarot Spoken Word. Irina Valentinova, Florencia Suayan Tacod
Perfume Exotico Spoken Word. Edward James Olmos
Spotkanie Z Matka Spoken Word. Roman Polanski Reciting Excerpts From The Poem 'Spotkanie Z Matka' By Konstanty Ildefons Galczynski
Piano In An Empty Room
Keep Asking Spoken Word. Bryce Bolton
<<

Mr.Origami

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:59 am

We already know about the new Blade Runner Antohlogy 3cd set.
I think this is out of topic as the title of this thread is New clips.
You have to check http://bladezone.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2436
PreviousNext

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut