FAQ  •  Login

Report from West LA Sector, Los Angeles, 2019 (BR:FC Review)

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:29 am

Brick Deckard wrote:Update: It's now playing at the Landmark in LA until November 8th.

W00t!!! Held over for a second week!!!

I will talk about the per-screen average, which is only a few dollars shy of the per-screen average for the #1 movie this weekend, in another thread.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Brick Deckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:44 pm

New update: It looks like it'll go another week or so. I think it's safe to say that it'll be playing until people stop going. Hm.....maybe I'll go see it again.....
Deckard as a replicant is an interesting idea. I'm just not entirely convinced that it's true.
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:40 pm

Looks like it opens in a Laemmle on Friday in my stomping grounds of Pasadena, and later Claremont.
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:56 pm

deepysea wrote:Looks like it opens in a Laemmle on Friday in my stomping grounds of Pasadena, and later Claremont.

Pasadena! Hoo-yah!!!

Us LA people can now take the Gold Line from Union Station and go see Blade Runner. What will that be...my third time?

Too bad I have papers due on the 11th...^_^;;;
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:35 pm

deepysea wrote:
THX1138 wrote:Any major CGI work done?

[...]
all the matte shots seem better fused with the live action--if there were any real changes to them, I didn't notice them.
[...]

I noticed yesterday (certainly not during the screening of the Final Cut in Vienna) that one of the matte shots of the corner of the Bradbury has the neon 'TDK' fixed to the actual look and color of the physical prop consisting of multiple fluorescent tubes in the death scene at the end of the film.

Only did this jump at me because on one of these sites you could compare frames of all the different versions with mouse over (neat).

Got another (nice) one, Charles... ;-)

Martin
Previous

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut