Still No Cinema release planned at the moment

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:44 pm

Still No Cinema release planned at the moment

I have been trying to get confirmation that there will be a cinema release to coincide with the video release in the UK, but it has still not been decided.
Here is the reply i just received from WB Marketing in the UK:

"Hi
Theatrical are still in talks to see if a screening can be organized but this hasn?t been confirmed yet.
Best wishes
Diana"
More human than human
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:33 pm

It sounds like it is planned, but not much further than that.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:27 pm

What do people think of their local cinema? mine is a 10 screen complex in brighton, and it has to be said the quality is aweful. Ive just been roped into going to see harry potter, apart from seeing the light from people playing with their phones, people talking and the fact that someone had thrown what apeard to be a soft drink over the cinema white screen - every thing was ok.

actually take that back. the so-called best seats on the back 2 rows are so far back, there far away from the nearest surround speakers which are probably above 3 isles in front. i`ll give you valdermort.

Cinemas should block transmissions of phones, reduce their prices of pick`n`mix by half, stop watering down cokes, stop charging a booking fee via visa (considering you book without the use of a paid staff member suggests you should get a discount and not get shafted further), sell sweets in wrappers that dont sounds like the noisiest bags on earth, give you a discount if your the poor guy who get to place his neck out of joint by obtaining a seat to the far extreme left or right at the front, deny people access who are late, make people relieve themselves to stop the whole bloody row getting up, clean the theatre between viewings as to not tread on half a punnet of cheesey natchos (that were soooo horrid they were left), oh and return any such film negative that is defective, as would any member of the public do if they bought a scratch DVD.

whinge ends

(for now)
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:22 am

I guess I don't have as many gripes as you do about my theaters. I don't buy food or drink from them, and the sound is usually VERY loud in the movie, so snack bags are drowned out.
-Ridley Scott
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:31 am

Cell phones in cinemas are a pest. But they'll never gonna block the signal... it would raise protests over personal freedom and if anything else, the "what if there's an earthquake?" argument.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:05 pm

Centauro wrote:Cell phones in cinemas are a pest. But they'll never gonna block the signal... it would raise protests over personal freedom and if anything else, the "what if there's an earthquake?" argument.

Also, cell phone usage outside of the screens is fine. And yeah, people would complain if they did that, including me.
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:02 pm

That was a fantastic and valid whinge from Nails6365, that's why i have invested in my own high quality set up at home. I still go to the cinema but not as much as i used to. I dream that if i was able to own a small cinema and believe me it would if i could, it would be a dream for real film goers.
Our local cinema in Basildon(which has the biggest screen outside london) does hold an event called the Directors Chair and a couple of years ago did screen Blade Runner.
Unfortunately it has gone down hill recently, it's dirty, worn out and if there's a obvious problem with the sound or picture being out of focus that's tuff. No one really cares and the youngsters that seem to be in charge of them don't care either.

On another note i managed to speak to Ridley Scotts secretary today and i asked if there was any press launches or any thing to do with the Blade Runner release in the uk, and as you have guessed the answer already, the answer is no. She is going to let me know if there are any changes to that decision.
More human than human
<<

cudaclan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:16 pm

It has been released that a private screening will be shown in San Francisco and New York. Any insight as to what theaters?
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:09 pm

This is just an update really, as of today the 2 largest cinema chains in the UK ( Odeon and Cineworld )still do not have plans to show any version of Blade Runner this year.
More human than human
<<

Krokodyle

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:13 pm

cudaclan wrote:It has been released that a private screening will be shown in San Francisco

Do you have a link/confirmation for the S.F. information? I've only seen Los Angeles mentioned so far...
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:55 pm

The more I think about it, the more likely it is that this will be the place they'll show the movie in LA:

ArcLight Main Theatre, aka the Cinerama Dome.

It's just a few months older than me and looks a heck of a lot better.
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:56 am

check out the home page fore the discount at the cinema. no good for me in the uk though :(
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

cudaclan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:42 pm

Krokodyle wrote:
cudaclan wrote:It has been released that a private screening will be shown in San Francisco

Do you have a link/confirmation for the S.F. information? I've only seen Los Angeles mentioned so far...

Sorry, located opposite coast. Ziegfeld Theater it is for our neck of the woods.
<<

Krokodyle

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:52 pm

cudaclan wrote:
Krokodyle wrote:

Sorry, located opposite coast. Ziegfeld Theater it is for our neck of the woods.

O.K. so then I'm correct in assuming that there has been no announcement yet regarding a Northern California showing (i.e. San Francisco)?
<<

cudaclan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:38 pm

Krokodyle wrote:
cudaclan wrote:
Krokodyle wrote:

O.K. so then I'm correct in assuming that there has been no announcement yet regarding a Northern California showing (i.e. San Francisco)?

At this time, yes, no realese date nor location.
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut