The Final Cut details are now HERE!!!

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:10 am

The Final Cut details are now HERE!!!

"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:29 am

Feature Run Time: 157:30

:D :D :D :D :D
"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:06 am

Two sci-fi classics get high tech makeovers (also featured: Close Encounters of the Third Kind...coincidence or fate? How you ask? The "Trumbull"connection!

As DVD shows, there?s always a way to reinvent (or repackage) a classic. Two more are coming round again:

Blade Runner (1982)

Dec.18

Details: Blade Runner Ultimate Collector?s edition, $79, five standard DVDs. (Blue-ray and HD DVD Versions planned, no price yet.)

Four versions of the film, plus a remastered ?work print.?

Why it?s Important: Though Scott re-edited the film for a 1992 release, he has tinkered further, creating his ?final cut? for the 25th anniversary. Scott says it ?now is in it?s purest form.?

Among Changes: A longer Unicorn scene. During the commentary, Scott explains that it?s pivotal because the symbolism re-enters Scott?s thinking that Deckard (Harrison Ford) is not human, but a Replicant.

Plus: Enhanced special effects, a new surround soundtrack. Bonuses include a new making-of documentary.

Also: The ?Final cut? will be shown in New York and L.A> theaters this fall and at film festivals in Venice (Aug. 29 ? Sept.8) and New York (Sept. 28-Oct.14).

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... htm?csp=34

Thursday July 26th. USA Today...LIFE section...page 4D

(Thanks to Bob B. for the info)
Last edited by Kipple on Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Merc

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:24 am

This news has made my day. The only thing that scares my is the "limited" on the 5 disc version. I would love to pick up one of those, I just hope I'll be able to find one and not have to pay 300 bucks or more on eBay for it.
<<

Caru

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:50 am

can't wait :D :D :D !!!
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:23 am

It sounds like all the information I have been gathering over the years will be rendered moot,..........And I am very happy about it :D

With what is in those sets. I would have to say they are a steal at those prices. I don't understand the reasoning of doing the same 5 disc collectors sets for HD-DVD, and Blue Ray (and whatever the other formats they mentioned were).

I need to pre order it as soon as it is for sale though. Man! It sounds like they even put in the kitchen sink.
<<

deepysea

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:00 am

What, no isolated score??? ;)
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:06 pm

Re: The Final Cut details are now HERE!!!

I. J. Thompson wrote:http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/br2007/announce.html

Good morning! ;)

MY GOD... IT'S FULL OF STUFF!
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:07 pm

wow...just wow.....

I think everyone is getting a little worked up on the runtime. I think it's an error. No way Ridley would add 40 minutes to the final cut unless they found footage that was lost and turned out to be GOLD.
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:16 pm

eccentricbeing wrote:wow...just wow.....

I think everyone is getting a little worked up on the runtime. I think it's an error. No way Ridley would add 40 minutes to the final cut unless they found footage that was lost and turned out to be GOLD.

Hee hee:

"SEE: Deckard drinking and playing the piano with one finger for forty additional minutes!!!" :P

At any rate, The Digital Bits' presentation at Comic Con starts in half an hour - so I bet the eyewitness reports will begin not too long after that! :)
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:31 pm

ridleynoir wrote:I don't understand the reasoning of doing the same 5 disc collectors sets for HD-DVD, and Blue Ray (and whatever the other formats they mentioned were).

I want the HD-DVD version of the 5-disc Deckard Briefcase. There are other people like me who want it as well.

There is one thing that bothers me...where is "On the Edge of Blade Runner"? Or "Future Shocks" for that matter...well, I have them on my hard drive. Still though, OTEOBR was supposed to be on disc 5.

Still awesome. Workprint remastered with commentary by Paul M. Sammon. gooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddd.....
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Noneoftheabove

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:37 pm

:shock:

Want.... *dies*
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:55 pm

<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:45 pm

Noneoftheabove wrote::shock:

Want.... *dies*

Cool. Makes it easier to get my copy. :D

Seriously, where the hell is OTEOBR?
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:54 pm

I know for the sake of completion that OTEOBR is a distracting absence, but I feel that it would be redundant compared to the 3 and a half hour doc. That's my guess anyway.
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut