Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

marlec

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed May 31, 2006 8:00 am

Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Yes your not dreaming it is coming to theaters next year !! "The Final Cut" plus all the releases afterwards on DVD & HD,BR DVD, ok i will now give you a few seconds to get back on your chair :D ...

ok got yer breathe back yet !! to quote Roy Batty "Questions"

Are mainstream audiences now ready for Blade Runner theatrical re-release ?? we all know it bombed 25 years ago simply because it was just too far ahead of its time and too subtle. Warner must think it has a chance now, this is extremely uncommon

Are we gonna see Deckard "Retire" Mary ??? the 5th replicant ??

And the big one will they state clearly "Human or Replicant ??" please end the debate once and for all !!!

Let the good times roll :D
<<

zoomer_one

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed May 31, 2006 8:38 am

It's been released before...back in the 90's when he made the Director's Cut. It did well enough then (Probably not blockbuster standards...seeing how it's not a new movie), but I imagine it will do well enough again. Not a lot of people liked the movie, in fact I've head some call it the most "boring and pointless" film to ever be shown. BURN IN HELL ALL YOU NAYSAYERS! Uh...where was I? Oh yes....it should bring out all the BR lovers and watch it to see what new things were put in or added.
<<

Rado

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed May 31, 2006 8:24 pm

Re: Blade Runner: The Final Cut

marlec wrote:Are we gonna see Deckard "Retire" Mary ??? the 5th replicant ??

I believe those scenes weren't shot.

I wouldn't expect much more than some different angles, alternate pacing, and maybe some SFX fixes here and there.
<<

marlec

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:56 pm

The DVD, featuring the 1992 "director's cut," will be deleted after four months, and replaced by a 25th anniversary "final cut," which Warner Home Video is billing as Scott's "definitive new version" of the film.

Scott's "definitive new version" of the film?? those are pretty big words Warner are throwing at us surly they must know we cannot be tricked :wink:

Surly they will fix the awful problems with the missing 5th replicant somehow ?? Reshoot perhaps ?? or CGI ?? will Bryant still be dubbed-in in his office saying "i got 4 skin jobs walking the streets" only then 5 mins later saying "there were 6 and 1 got fried running thru an eletrical field" that doesnt sound like a Definative new Version to me !!!

I have never heard whether or not any Mary scenes were filmed at all but the way it looks she was "Retired" first before Zhora althou something that i have noticed that is odd, when Roy dislocates Deckards fingers he only mentions Pris & Zhora and only dislocates 2 fingers so Mary couldnt have ment that much to him ????

I think we can say for certain that Deckard will be made out to be a replicant it was Scotts vision, it was Ford and Warner who were against it.

I should hope that the many missing scenes are added and the dubbing is gone for good unless of course its covering for something that was rubbish.
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:12 pm

I don't see what the big fuss is about with the miscount. I've been with the hint all along that Deckard was the last remaining replicant (after Marry's scenes couldnt be shot, and Ridley saying Deck was a rep we kind of all settled with the reasoning that the miscount was a mistake that also added to the plausibility that Deck is the rep.)
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:13 pm

None of Mary's scenes were filmed.

All they have to do is put Bryant's workprint dialouge in the movie, where he states that two reps got fried in the electrical field, and then all of this 5th, 6th replicant bollocks will come to an end.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:34 pm

deleted wrote:None of Mary's scenes were filmed.

All they have to do is put Bryant's workprint dialouge in the movie, where he states that two reps got fried in the electrical field, and then all of this 5th, 6th replicant bollocks will come to an end.

Yeah, what he said :D
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

marlec

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:31 am

Ok that would seem to be the solution i didnt know about of the workprint dialogue but that still leaves us with an even bigger problem, that being of course and please do inform of any workprint stuff or what ever which states differently, after Deckard retires Zhora he goes to buy his bottle of booze and appears to have received beatings from Leon even before they have been dished out :? , this of course is because it was supposed to be that Leon trys to kill Deckard directly after Deckard kills Zhora but they switched it all round because Bryant says to Deckard "4 more to go" with the inclusion of Rachel so how are they gonna fix that ??
<<

THX1138

Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:05 pm

marlec wrote:

Ok that would seem to be the solution i didnt know about of the workprint dialogue but that still leaves us with an even bigger problem, that being of course and please do inform of any workprint stuff or what ever which states differently, after Deckard retires Zhora he goes to buy his bottle of booze and appears to have received beatings from Leon even before they have been dished out :? , this of course is because it was supposed to be that Leon trys to kill Deckard directly after Deckard kills Zhora but they switched it all round because Bryant says to Deckard "4 more to go" with the inclusion of Rachel so how are they gonna fix that ??

Digital painting over Deckard's boo-boos. Easy fix. They did a similar technique for Star Wars episode 3 to remove the camera's reflection from C3-PO's stomach, they digitally painted out the reflection. I would hate to have that job, but if it's working on Blade Runner I would love it.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:24 am

While the 6 reps and the wound on Deck's face are noticable mistakes, I think my personal goof-gripe in the entire movie is the day blue sky of the bird flying out of Roy's hand. If they can digitally darken the sky, I'll be ecstatic.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:22 am

wink wink nudge nudge

re-shooting is to take place.
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

THX1138

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:30 am

nails6365 wrote:wink wink nudge nudge

Sorry, we're going to need more proof than that before we get our hopes up.
<<

marlec

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:28 am

THX1138 wrote:
nails6365 wrote:wink wink nudge nudge

Sorry, we're going to need more proof than that before we get our hopes up.

Yes indeed more details required please !!! otherwise were not gonna beleive you.
<<

citizenchris099

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:59 pm

any real info??

Do we have any clue as to what specifically will be changed in this ?final cut? of Blade Runner? Has anything been said in intervies and the like. Should I crack open my copy of ?Future Noir? and turn to the workprint section?
I mostly want two things fixed, the Hassan confrontation and Batty on the Vid Phone.
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:44 pm

Re: any real info??

citizenchris099 wrote:Do we have any clue as to what specifically will be changed in this ?final cut? of Blade Runner? Has anything been said in intervies and the like. Should I crack open my copy of ?Future Noir? and turn to the workprint section?
I mostly want two things fixed, the Hassan confrontation and Batty on the Vid Phone.

Not much is known yet. If we do, updates will be posted here the minute someone finds out (guarunteed). I practically live on these forums so if i hear anything you guys will be the first to know about it.
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut