Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:39 am

Venice Premiere Ridley auditorium speech video

Hi Guys
I have put together a collection of pictures and video that we took on the trip to Venice. At the end is the clip of Ridley introducing the film to the audience. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIZNeMs7a1c
Last edited by ridleyville on Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
More human than human
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:04 am

Very cool! Thanks for posting this.

That's a really nifty rendition of End Titles; it almost sounds like Alan Parsons made it.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:03 am

Very cool! Thanks for posting this.

Glad you enjoyed it, i still feel ashamed that i said the snake scale scene had not been fixed, hope i have been forgiven. I have to say that i am sure there were extra scenes or views in the flying sequences as well but i is hard to compare small differences with that much excitment going on.
Thanks for the Alan Parsons comment, Pyramid is now playing as i write.
More human than human
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:24 am

Very nice work RV (Is that the Future Grip end titles? everything goes better with techno :) ) . You shouldn't be ashamed at all, I think it is a compliment to CdL that the changes/fixes he made didn't actually change the movie. I think the fears of most of the fans for revisionism were for naught (I am sure some will still complain though :) ).

On the note of revisionism, here is another reporter accusing Ridley of being obsessed with revising his films....

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 392847.ece

... It is a positive review though, and the writer does eventually admit that the first directors cut was not his work, but the studios. The final cut also seems to be more his work, but just as much if not more CdL's, Ridley is quoted more than once that he left the film for dead after the first release, and that he does not like to revisit his films. At SDCC he said it just sat their on the shelf and he never watched it again until the final cut work. Ironically he has gotten a reputation now as a bigger revisionist than Lucas, and it seems because us fans will not let this movie die. Another Biblical allusion to BR perhaps?
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:52 pm

ridleyville wrote:Thanks for the Alan Parsons comment, Pyramid is now playing as i write.

Dammit, I have to listen to Stereotomy now. :D

ridleynoir wrote:Ironically he has gotten a reputation now as a bigger revisionist than Lucas, and it seems because us fans will not let this movie die. Another Biblical allusion to BR perhaps?

Well, let's see...Scott has released long versions of BHD, Gladiator...there is a long cut of 1492...Alien has the alternate cut, but that's just for fun...

Lucas and Scott operate very differently. Lucas wanted to change his movies, and he made the changes obvious. Scott decided to allow BR to be tweaked until it was what he finally wanted. As we know, many of the changes are very subtle, which is the idea.

Scott may ultimately not do as much revising as Lucas, but he makes more IMPORTANT revisions than Lucas.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut