FAQ  •  Login

DVD Details

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

deleted

User avatar

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Posts: 1191

Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 7:11 pm

Location: The banks of chaos in my mind

Post Mon May 28, 2007 9:29 pm

Damage the release?

Christ...I had no idea.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

User avatar

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Posts: 1335

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:00 pm

Location: Rochester NY

Post Mon May 28, 2007 11:36 pm

I was under the impression we were protecting Gary W. and his involvement, because he most likely signed a non-disclosure agreement. And even though he had nothing to do with the rumors, this place is connected to him and could look bad. We are also in the day and age where companies perposefully release tid bits of inside info to help gage public interest. I hope Warners realizes they are pissing off their fanbase by making us wait without feeding us a little something here and there. This was originally announced for March. I do feel that the delays now most likely mean that they are adding even more to the release, and aren't just hurriedly putting it out like they did with the Directors Cut. On the other hand, I hope we aren't waiting for Godot.
Image
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Posts: 117

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:31 pm

Post Tue May 29, 2007 11:45 am

i can't imagine how this would affect the public interest until the information is inaccurate, which i always thought would be. more and more, i am leading towards that idea. besides, it has stabled my anticipation a little bit and autumn 2007 never looked any better in my life. :D

if this was PR handled, then it was a brilliant marketing technique, but then, i'll be giving them too much credit.
<<

ridleynoir

User avatar

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Posts: 1335

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:00 pm

Location: Rochester NY

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:37 pm

Could this be Ridley's Official word on the final cut and disc set?

http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se/
Image
<<

deleted

User avatar

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Posts: 1191

Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 7:11 pm

Location: The banks of chaos in my mind

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:20 am

ridleynoir wrote:Could this be Ridley's Official word on the final cut and disc set?

http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se/

Awesome. My week is off to a great start, thanks.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Centauro

User avatar

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Posts: 729

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2001 6:00 pm

Location: Bogota, DC [CO]

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:39 am

ridleynoir wrote:Could this be Ridley's Official word on the final cut and disc set?

http://www.tyrell-corporation.pp.se/


Oh my gasm.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

Image
<<

nails6365

User avatar

BladeZone Website Manager

Posts: 189

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:03 am

Location: Brighton UK.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:23 pm

do we know if and when the trailerrs are to arrive at the cinema?

somebody said to be once that cinemas in the US are a basic get your popcorn, watch the feature and leave, whereas in the UK its popcorn, adverts, trailers and then the feature (with ice creams thown in).

any element of truth in that?
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

ridleynoir

User avatar

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Posts: 1335

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:00 pm

Location: Rochester NY

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:40 pm

nails6365 wrote:do we know if and when the trailerrs are to arrive at the cinema?

somebody said to be once that cinemas in the US are a basic get your popcorn, watch the feature and leave, whereas in the UK its popcorn, adverts, trailers and then the feature (with ice creams thown in).

any element of truth in that?


The only trailer I know about is the one that will be on the Matrix HD/BlueRay set.

Our American movies are the same as you described in the UK. Unless the movie is not first week run, then we see less trailers. Not sure if we will se a trailer for it, because word is that it is extremely limited release. I did hear however that the Alien DC for two Halloweens ago had some trailers shown for it, even though it came no where near here.
Image
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Posts: 117

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:31 pm

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:06 am

if the final cut gets the same release treatment as Alien DC, then i'll be one lucky SOB because they had Alien at my local cineplex. though, i doubt that would be the case.
<<

deleted

User avatar

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Posts: 1191

Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 7:11 pm

Location: The banks of chaos in my mind

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:30 am

ridleynoir wrote:
nails6365 wrote:do we know if and when the trailerrs are to arrive at the cinema?

somebody said to be once that cinemas in the US are a basic get your popcorn, watch the feature and leave, whereas in the UK its popcorn, adverts, trailers and then the feature (with ice creams thown in).

any element of truth in that?


The only trailer I know about is the one that will be on the Matrix HD/BlueRay set.

Our American movies are the same as you described in the UK. Unless the movie is not first week run, then we see less trailers. Not sure if we will se a trailer for it, because word is that it is extremely limited release. I did hear however that the Alien DC for two Halloweens ago had some trailers shown for it, even though it came no where near here.

You mean the 300 dvds.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

User avatar

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Posts: 1335

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:00 pm

Location: Rochester NY

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:22 am

I stand corrected, There is just an ad insert in the Matrix DVD.

Thank you,
Image
<<

Gene Ettix

User avatar

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Posts: 618

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 6:00 pm

Location: Tyrell Corp. U.S.

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:46 am

eccentricbeing wrote:if the final cut gets the same release treatment as Alien DC, then i'll be one lucky SOB because they had Alien at my local cineplex. though, i doubt that would be the case.


I was lucky enough to see ALIEN DC close to home in an IMAX theater. BLADE RUNNER on IMAX?!?... That would most definately be the ultimate theater going experience :shock:
Last October, I went to see the original John Carpenter's "HalloweeN" (1978) re-released for 2 days in selected theaters. Purchased my tickets online at a site called Fandango. People here in the U.S. can keep an eye on this for BR tix when the time comes. It's reliable and you can find limited release tix easily.
ImageImageImage
<<

deleted

User avatar

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Posts: 1191

Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 7:11 pm

Location: The banks of chaos in my mind

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:09 pm

ridleynoir wrote:I stand corrected, There is just an ad insert in the Matrix DVD.

Thank you,

If it was on the Matrix HD discs, I would've knocked over entire displays of chocolate creme Oreos at walmart to get it. :D
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

I. J. Thompson

User avatar

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Posts: 182

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:07 am

Location: Toronto ON, CA

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:33 pm

Everyone's been interviewed, which is nice. It's nice that everyone's still alive!


Eek! Ridley should have done his research. Or maybe he meant that 'it's nice that everyone who's still alive is still alive'. I would have loved to see Brion James interviewed for this set. :(
<<

counterstrike

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Posts: 11

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:54 am

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:54 am

Warner Bros. Will Make 'Blade Runner' Announcements at ComicCon



http://www.cinematical.com/2007/06/21/w ... -comiccon/
PreviousNext

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests