FAQ  •  Login

DVD Details

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Thu May 17, 2007 6:04 pm

DVD Details

The "DVD Details" thread has been temporarily removed. BladeZone Management asks that any references to the rumours of any details of the Blade Runner Final Cut release be kept mum, until the official press release announces it.

Please respect the decision of the management of BladeZone on this very sensitive matter.

Regards,

Gary Willoughby - Website Owner
Gary Carden - Website Manager
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu May 17, 2007 10:31 pm

That was quick...now it's on the front page. I was about to point out why that would be a bad idea. I guess it means the "official" news is coming out soon. I hope it's good.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu May 17, 2007 11:31 pm

I guess I spoke too soon. :roll:
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat May 19, 2007 4:38 pm

Cool. Mum's the word.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun May 20, 2007 12:24 am

Yup, "Mum" is the word alright. I am hoping that official word comes very soon, because I(we) have been anticipating this since last year and we were supposed to have it by now. Needless to say I am getting antsy. 8-[
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun May 20, 2007 3:11 am

Alright. I understand, and I will not repost anything.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Mr.Origami

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun May 20, 2007 7:36 am

WHEN?

It seems there's a strange lack of official informations about this legendary dvd box release. I wander why keeping all this secret about a so precious dvd-edition milions of fans around the world are waiting since 2001! When I read the announcement of the 31th may 2006 I thought that the dvd set should be release on this spring! It's very hard to wait just another month without no real informations about what's going on!
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Mon May 21, 2007 4:48 am

it's been 25 years long and suffered awaiting, and now they don't even want us to know. quite an experience to be treated like criminals... :evil: :evil: :evil:
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Mon May 21, 2007 8:56 am

If Charles De Laurizika put the same love in this as he did with "The Duellists" DVD, prepare for a new height record in fan happiness. I'd been wanting to see TD for years and just did last month. It is precious! What an achievement for an opera prima! And I loved the DVD extras. Didn't expected to ever see Boy and Bicycle.

Now, if they just don't use that crappy r?plicos translation in the BR spanish subs, it'll be perfect.

Nonetheless, we'll find some bits to nitpick... and derive great fun of it, as usual.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Mon May 21, 2007 10:34 pm

Centauro wrote: Nonetheless, we'll find some bits to nitpick... and derive great fun of it, as usual.

Good attitude, ol' buddy! :D

Personally, I can wait as long as it takes... to get the ultimate DVD, I mean. I've waited so long already that I'm feeling rather patient knowing we're getting so close to having it. What's a little more time for them to get it Right.
I've got a really good feeling about it. This release is gonna be what we all have been waiting for... finally. And I have complete faith, so I'm not worried, pretty relaxed actually. It's kinda like when you know yer gonna have some really great sex, and the anticipation is =P~ .......... oh, sorry... :oops: never mind :-#

BTW, Centauro -
I think I'll have to check-out "The Duellists" on your recommendation... Thanx :)
ImageImageImage
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue May 22, 2007 1:21 am

Gene Ettix wrote:
Centauro wrote: Nonetheless, we'll find some bits to nitpick... and derive great fun of it, as usual.

Good attitude, ol' buddy! :D

Personally, I can wait as long as it takes... to get the ultimate DVD, I mean. I've waited so long already that I'm feeling rather patient knowing we're getting so close to having it. What's a little more time for them to get it Right.
I've got a really good feeling about it. This release is gonna be what we all have been waiting for... finally. And I have complete faith, so I'm not worried, pretty relaxed actually. It's kinda like when you know yer gonna have some really great sex, and the anticipation is =P~ .......... oh, sorry... :oops: never mind :-#

BTW, Centauro -
I think I'll have to check-out "The Duellists" on your recommendation... Thanx :)

-Ridley Scott
<<

hacker233

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue May 22, 2007 4:12 am

Well I have some good news everyone, from what I'm hearing the blade runner set will be released in october of this year. My guess is they will make the announcement on the month of the anniversary. Also, there have been ads in the HD-DVD versions of the matrix saying the set is coming. To prove this is not a load of crap I have attached some links for more info

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa136.html
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/790/790431p1.html

hacker233
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue May 22, 2007 8:18 pm

Yes, I've heard about that. I need to pick that up.
-Ridley Scott
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed May 23, 2007 3:05 am

hacker233 wrote:My guess is they will make the announcement on the month of the anniversary.

now this would make sense :D
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Mon May 28, 2007 5:48 pm

hi guys.

a big thanks to everyone who is helping out via not submitting new info that could damage the release later on this year. Some of you may have notice that things got a bit tounge-tied earlier this month. What was thought to be a news item was immediately taken down from the site, then after an apparent nod from the powers at be the news article was put up yet again, only to be moved.

Myself and kipple got seriously fustrated over the final decision, but we all have our peers, and if it help the release - then so be it.

That said, we are all so close to seeing the final cut for real, and if the specification for the u-know-what was even remotely correct, then we can expect what would certainly be a contender for the best special edition box set ever produced - period.

Ive had a fair few emails asking me for inside info, but i re-itterate yet again, im loyal to Gary Willoughby and all at scott-free, any info we get, we have to keep to ourselves. It is you who will get to see the final cut, and all bladezone fans will become privey to brand new reviews and extensive behind the scenes stuff.

Best wishes to you all
Gary Carden
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut