FAQ  •  Login

Update: Blade Runner dvd

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

citizenchris099

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:25 am

imho like it or not the original one sheet art for blade runner (used subsequently as the home video art) is iconic and should be left alone. Though i agree the BR 2000 & other images suggested are great the original has been w/us for so long. I must add that at this point im willing to accept a black box w/simple red type reading "Blade Runner" at this point....I WANT MY S.E. DVD/Blu Ray NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:50 am

citizenchris099 wrote:imho like it or not the original one sheet art for blade runner (used subsequently as the home video art) is iconic and should be left alone. Though i agree the BR 2000 & other images suggested are great the original has been w/us for so long. I must add that at this point im willing to accept a black box w/simple red type reading "Blade Runner" at this point....I WANT MY S.E. DVD/Blu Ray NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+10000! :D
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:41 pm

Would it not be cool if the 1984 commercial was included as an easter egg on the DVDs?
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

mike81859

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:21 am

the cover art for the 25th anniversary

I like the poster from 2000. Thanks to Centauro for that addition.
That art is much more in line with the movie, and to me seems more eye catching.
Thank you Blade Zone!
<<

Predrhone

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:43 pm

I love the idea of using the 2000 Alvin art as the box cover. That poster art, framed with matte black and emblazoned with metallic red BLADE RUNNER lettering would be just amazing for a dvd slipcase.
"I will wait for you, until the sky is blue. I will wait for you, what else can I do?"
Previous

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut