Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Precinct

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:27 pm

nails6365 wrote:wink wink nudge nudge

re-shooting is to take place.

A white dove against a green curtain, perhaps?

Please god no 'digital doubles'. Not even a friggin' pigeon. please.
<<

Predrhone

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:11 pm

...what would they 'reshoot'? and with what actors? Props?

It seems much more likely to me that Sir Scott pulled a Lucas and digitally edited certain inadequacies out and others in... but not to the extent of the Star Wars Trilogy SE. Rather than changing aspects of the film, merely enhancing them. That, and correcting dialogue, as well as at least adding in the hospital scene.... that would make it utterly worth any amount of money they charge me.
"I will wait for you, until the sky is blue. I will wait for you, what else can I do?"
<<

BR796164

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:35 am

I think you should bo something with your signature pic. :?
<<

citizenchris099

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:33 pm

future noir

Hey guys, just cracked open my copy of future noir...trying to find clues to what changes we might see in this new "final cut" of the film.
Re-reading the chapters regarding the work print and the '92 directors cut I discovered some interesting facts. At that time at least it seemed that Scott was un-interested in fixing the "one" or "two" reps being killed breaking into Tyrell (pg 352) He seemed willing to leave it at ?one?
Also it seemed at the time Scott was most interested in having the unicorn scene inserted and removing both the narration and the "happy" ending.
If I were a betting man I would say that this new cut will resemble the Dallas work print in all respects except for a few changes..
One) it will have the dictionary definition of a rep instead of the scroll text
Two) original theatrical title of "blade runner" instead of the work print white line-knife sounds titles
Three) will contain the 92? BRDC unicorn dream
Four) mostly likely will have the san diego shot of batty in the vid phon booth
Five) soundtrack will be fixed with vangelis's score

I don?t think the Holden hospital scene will be in the final cut though most likely will be available as a supplemental feature.
Please let me know what you guys think of my conclusions.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:51 pm

1. Nope. I'm fairly certain the crawl will stay.
2. Nope. Current titles will most likley stay.
3. Will contain that, or a new version of it.
4. It's possible.
5. Fixed?

That's just my opinion, of course.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

citizenchris099

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:37 pm

better explanation

One) it will have the dictionary definition of a rep instead of the scroll text
>I believe it will have the dictionary definition for several reasons. First its was what Ridley originally intended to precede the film. Bud Yorkin tacked the scroll text that we know and love on the beginning in an attempt to quell any ambiguity in regards to Reps (the scroll text also causes a few continuity errors imho). Another of Ridley's motivations could be that the scroll text will be on the tree other versions of the film in the box set so why not go back to his original idea.
Two) original theatrical title of "blade runner" instead of the work print white line-knife sounds titles
>ok when I say "original" I mean the title from all released versions of the film NOT the work print version with the white line and red titles that appear from above and below the line. if you will recall I stated that my list of changes are from the Dallas work print. So I feel it will have the theatrical/international/BRDC title. Also I think that the definition and title will be timed as to go w/vangelis's music as in the released versions.
Three) will contain the 92? BRDC unicorn dream
>if its a new one cool but the BRDC version works fine.
Four) mostly likely will have the San Diego shot of batty in the vid phone booth
>This is one I hope they include. The clinching fist "Time"/reverse shot from the Tyrell confrontation (hand on shoulder and all) always bugged me. To me it makes no difference if we can hear him speaking in the vid phone or not...it would be way cool and allot better than what we got.
Five) soundtrack will be fixed with vangelis's score
>Remember again the Dallas work print didn?t have finished music so during the Bradbury Batty /Deckard confrontation instead of vangelis's wonderfuly moody score we had generic jerry goldsmith temp music instead (from alien and planet of the apes no less) in fact this was one of the big reasons Ridley didn?t want the work print as it was being released as his directors cut (this is what warners intended)

The reason I?m making my guesses based on the Dallas work print is quite honestly I don?t want to have to list all the differences in say the BRDC and that work print either you know them already or you should go out and pick up a copy of Future Nor (go NOW). Anyhoo in either case I feel the Dallas work print will be the foundation for the final cut as it was going to be back in the early 90's when they were assembling BRDC. As always let me know what you think guys : )
<<

citizenchris099

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:45 am

new info....

is there ne news as to actual changes being made to the film? or are we still just w8n for the dvd/theatrical release?
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:30 pm

Re: future noir

citizenchris099 wrote:Hey guys, just cracked open my copy of future noir...trying to find clues to what changes we might see in this new "final cut" of the film.

this to me is a massive mystery. If Paul summon had seen the extra scenes, then why not write about them, yet goes into great detail about scenes that were not shot, like batty's escape from the offworld collony, and the massive zhora snakepit scene.

I'm happy in many ways that charles is keeping his cards close to his chest, it shall be a relevlation to us all..

well most ;)
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:47 pm

Paul did not say that he's seen every scene shot for the film. Bear that in mind.

I hope we get a revised edition of the book soon.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Kaneda

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:49 pm

I just hope this new DVD release doesn't disappoint. The fans have waited too long for so great an opportunity and if we get screwed over... well...

Heads are gonna roll.
"Just when my coil's reaching the green line..."
-Shotaro Kaneda

"Implants! Those aren't your mammories. They're somebody else's. They're Tyrell's niece's."
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:36 am

Kaneda wrote:I just hope this new DVD release doesn't disappoint. The fans have waited too long for so great an opportunity...

me too. but i'm optimist this time. i mean, i think that after 25 years, if they get back in it, they'll do it well.
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:37 pm

hey everybody. always been a fan of the site for almost 10 years and here and there, i'll browse the forums. always contemplated in joining, but after what i found...i'm surprised no one else has mentioned it.

i discovered this at the imdb thread of blade runner...

http://www.joannacassidy.com/welcome.htm

on the page it reads...

Joanna has just finished re-shooting her scenes from the original BLADE RUNNER movie. Joanna is wearing her original outfit (which she kept over from the first production). These new scenes will be part of the upcoming special BLADE RUNNER DVD re-release. Check back for more details.

don't know what to say about that, but that's big news to me. any thoughts?
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:46 pm

Well... after 10 yrs I'd say it was about time you joined.Welcome!
You certainly know how to make a Grand Entrance. Very exciting news. Thanks for the link :)
This should stir up some interesting conversation. It's got me wondering already but I'm not really sure what to make of it.
My anticipation just keeps building... I know that much [-o<
ImageImageImage
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:21 pm

I was so hoping that they would find a way to finish the snake dance scene. I would say this is pretty much confirmation. :D ...Welcome to bBlade Zone, and Thank you very much :)
<<

Noneoftheabove

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:01 pm

So what is the latest on the SE, DVD of BR?

I've been looking, and I really haven't heard anything substantial as far as the theatre re-release and SE-DVD release is concerned!

Also, anyone by chance have any good ideas to convince my local theatre in being a part of the Blade Runner Re-release? I believe the theatre where I live is certainly popular enough to support a movie like this for at least a week long, short run for many local Sci-Fi fans!

When the Alien DVD's Quadrilogy was released there was going to be the special theatre release of Alien. And of course my theatre did not participate, which was cause for much frustration on my part. So at least I can try and do something to avoid this happening again...
PreviousNext

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut