didn't notice they were different :? :roll:
<<

Kevin

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:29 am

Caru wrote:looks very cool,

didn't notice they were different :? :roll:

Well, somebody on another forum picked up on it. I am trying to make this as accurate as possible. It's a fun bit of detective work!
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:42 am

Kevin wrote:Hi,

Thanks for those. They all look great, but they aren't very accurate.
Here is what I have so far of the apartment card;
The one on the left was the second pass. The one on the right is the latest. I have just corrected the radius of the lower corners and added all of the holes I can be sure are there in as close to the correct positions as I can.
There is more katana script on the card but the SD image is too vague to even be sure I have the top line right!

Oh yes, and you'll notice that the eagle on the ID should actually be the "995" police logo. The pattern below it is a number 8 in a broken diamond.

I have finished an accurate vid-phon card and I'm working on the ID too. :wink:

Awesome! Welcome to the forums Kevin. Blade Runner does seem to attract artists! Honoured to have you amongst us. Cheers!
<<

Kevin

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:15 am

Thanks very much. It's a pleasure to be here.
I don't mean to hijack this thread, it's just that it already featured some hi-definition screen grabs!

Cheers
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:05 am

what other forum Kevin? I have been researching them myself. You may have seen my posts on the "V" Prop card..
<<

Kevin

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:51 am

ridleynoir wrote:what other forum Kevin? I have been researching them myself. You may have seen my posts on the "V" Prop card..

The RPF (Replica Prop Forum). They'r e a nice bunch, sticklers for detail.
<<

Caru

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:13 am

I'm wondering, what material you use to make the appartment key of?
Somesort of thin plastic? Metal plate?
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:22 am

Kevin wrote:
ridleynoir wrote:what other forum Kevin? I have been researching them myself. You may have seen my posts on the "V" Prop card..

The RPF (Replica Prop Forum). They'r e a nice bunch, sticklers for detail.

Thank you...I have been there before...not a member yet though...never felt worthy enough
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:32 am

Great work! How can I get one?
Leon Corporation Employee
<<

Kevin

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:58 am

I have just started looking into the best way to print these out. The easy way is to print on a semi-gloss label and fix it to a piece of 1mm thick plasticard, cut that to shape, sand and seal it. However, I'd like to print directly to the plasticard. My printer can handle direct feed thick card and will print onto CDs. I just need to find a supply of plastic sheet with a suitable coating to absorb the ink and allow it to dry properly.

Anybody know of such a thing?

I plan to print out the vid-phon card (artwork finished), the apartment key (I reckon 75% finished subject to ebveryone's suggestions) and Deckard's ID card (90% complete). Then I intend to shadow mount them inside a box frame with a mini plaque and maybe also some stills showing the items in use. It should make a nice display.

I need to finish up my blasters and find a way to display them too! :wink:
<<

Kevin

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:01 am

Kevin wrote:... and maybe also some stills showing the items in use. It should make a nice display.

Oh yeah, that reminds me; anybody able to grab frames from a high definition copy of Blade Runner? I know it's been broadcast a few times on HDTV channels in the US.

Anybody?

Hey, Pureimpure, where are you?
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:16 pm

dont quote me, but im pretty sure Gary Willoughby (site creator) has access to the originals. you can email him, but he will be back off holiday next week.

GW really is the font of knowledge when it comes to the original props, whether it be the ceiling tiles in deckards apartment, shoes, bryants desk or even getting Gene Winfield to make a full size spinner!
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:44 pm

Kevin wrote:I have just started looking into the best way to print these out. The easy way is to print on a semi-gloss label and fix it to a piece of 1mm thick plasticard, cut that to shape, sand and seal it. However, I'd like to print directly to the plasticard. My printer can handle direct feed thick card and will print onto CDs. I just need to find a supply of plastic sheet with a suitable coating to absorb the ink and allow it to dry properly.

Anybody know of such a thing?

I plan to print out the vid-phon card (artwork finished), the apartment key (I reckon 75% finished subject to ebveryone's suggestions) and Deckard's ID card (90% complete). Then I intend to shadow mount them inside a box frame with a mini plaque and maybe also some stills showing the items in use. It should make a nice display.

I need to finish up my blasters and find a way to display them too! :wink:

Kevin...thanks for the info on the RPA...even though they arent accepting new members right now...It also seems all the info I had been posting on this site is all old news now.

As far as the plastic card goes...some kinkos stores (probably not the best place to do this stuff) do print signs onto plastic card stock for outdoor use. I will look into the materials for you, but I have had issues with them since I have worked at a location on and off here for the last year(along with other jobs) I will ask around.

andy
<<

undertoe

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:36 pm

anyone seen the 1080i version anywhere , its probably not right to ask but i would kill for it. Also if anyone does have it feel free to upload to usenet :D
Previous

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut