FAQ  •  Login

New to the Forum--Blade Runner Fan Film

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:20 am

I have posted two of your "trailers" from YouTube on to the KippleZone website, where I recently created a page of fan-related, Blade Runner inspired work. I look forward to watching Chronicles when they become available. :)
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:55 am

Kipple wrote:I have posted two of your "trailers" from YouTube on to the KippleZone website, where I recently created a page of fan-related, Blade Runner inspired work. I look forward to watching Chronicles when they become available. :)

Sweet! Thanks!
Welcome to the Treybortorium! Rooms are $100 a night, but padded cells are free....
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:30 am

Hi Treybor
Thought i would just ask because i am just a little confused about the Chronicles, is it your project that you are producing and financing etc or is it a an associate type of thing. I only ask because i am obviously interested as a keen fan but also the bottom line is that if it's a financial problem could not some form of donation system be put into operation so financial burden is not on the shoulders of a few but spread over more. I for one would certainly want to help, and if it were to speed the finishing of the project i am sure that i would not be alone.
More human than human
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:36 pm

The Major financing for the project is out of pocket. The Director and producer are spending their own money to build and rent sets, and the actor's schedules also play a bit into it. The Producer has the footage for the first episode and a half, and last thing I heard was that he was desparately trying to get the editing done. I need to drop him a line and see what's up.

I am the CG producer. My donation is time and investment in computer hardware and software to get the major effects done. I also run the website.

As to financing, I'm sure that would help, but I think we need to re-evaluate what we can get done. It's been two years since I started this project and I REALLY would like to see it finished.
Welcome to the Treybortorium! Rooms are $100 a night, but padded cells are free....
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:34 pm

Ok Trebor
How about we start a drive to bring together fans from the site to put up some hard cash for the project?, i think with all respect we need a figure to work on so if you could put a figure together with a rough breakdown that would be a start. Lets's try to help you pull it off
More human than human
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:10 am

ridleyville wrote:Ok Trebor
How about we start a drive to bring together fans from the site to put up some hard cash for the project?, i think with all respect we need a figure to work on so if you could put a figure together with a rough breakdown that would be a start. Lets's try to help you pull it off

I'll second that. :)
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:30 am

Hey guys. I'm sorry I have been away so long and have not been keeping an eye on this thread as I should have. Treybor let me know you were talking donations, so I wanted to drop in with an update on the project and the lives of those involved.

I returned to Tampa in early December. The intention was that I would get setup, find a house, and then my girlfriend would follow later, and our dogs, and all of our stuff too :) Sort of anyway.

The kids adventure film I was supposed to direct didn't happen as the finacier got sued for something unrelated to the film, and pulled all his investments.

I went to work fulltime at my old job but within 2 weeks it was obvious that the business was not doing well. I had to tell everyone they didn't have holiday pay coming, or christmas bonuses. Way to start my run as production manager!

I ended up leaving that job for a truckload of reasons in the first week of January. I was living in a friend's RV, it was just not working out. My girlfriend was living in Atlanta alone. After the house across the street got raided by a SWAT team, she started having trouble sleeping, so ultimately I decided that I wasn't going to leave her in Atlanta alone any longer. I moved back. Boy is that ever the shorty short version! :)

So, presently I have a new job here in ATL that I don't love, but it pays the bills. Kelli and I have begun talking about returning to Florida, together, and what all of that will entail. The plans have started, but nothing is going to happen any time soon. Obviously.

Now, that brings us to the actors. Besides having some of them move to LA, and some of them move elsewhere, I've lost contact with a few. The handful I became good friends with are more than willing to jump back in and start work again whenever we are ready.

That leaves returning to the project a very big challenge without re-casting most of the roles, and starting from square 1 with the production. Ryan and I have discussed this option. But nothing is going to happen with me in Atlanta. So for now we are dead in the water.

That does not mean we can't finish the three episodes we shot, and the random scenes we have for other episodes, and post it all online for your enjoyment. After that it's really up to fate what happens next.

:wink:

And I'd also like to say THANK YOU for even being willing to donate and support the project. I can't even tell you how much that means to me. And it certainly is inspiring to read that, and it makes me want to finish the project RIGHT NOW! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Name is Noeland, not Eli. But I played Eli once in a movie . . .
<<

THX1138

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:32 am

Wow. Sad to hear about it all. Not sure what to think about recasting, you should do what's best for the show. Recast and reshoot or just recast and shoot the following stuff. If you decide to reshoot and recast everything, let me know if I can help with anything I can telecommute with.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:11 pm

Thanks, I will let you know.

And I guess when you throw all that stuff into one post it probably sounds a lot worse than it is. :)
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:17 am

Fan Film Donations

I was just wondering if anything has been started in the "how much do we need Dept" to start the beginning of the end for the Chronicles. I think if anybody wants to donate cash then we need to know what we are aiming for. I would really like to be involved as i am sure others are but we need to get a foundation built that is open and genuine.
So really i am looking to the Producers and key workers of the film to get together and get the info up so we can start the ball rolling.
More human than human
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue May 01, 2007 1:31 pm

Just wondered if anybody had any thoughts or responses to my previous e-mail or is it a no go situation?
More human than human
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Wed May 02, 2007 12:05 am

I'm sorry to say, as far as I can tell this project is dead in the water. Last thing I heard was that the producer was cutting together what they have filmed and what I provided in CGI, but I haven't heard back in about two months....
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:17 pm

Hey everyone. Sorry once again for being scarce around here. Yeah, Ryan has all the digital masters, but almost the same week I gave them to him to start cutting, he started to get paying gigs to DP films, edit films, and video shoot events arounf Tampa Bay. All while still working his day job as a nurse. So he just hasn't had a single minute to devote to cutting anything BRC related.

I've been working for a cool company here in Atlanta for the last few months, and working about 60 hours a week at that. I'm trying to get caught up financially with the last year of setbacks, only to find out a few weeks back that the current company I work for is going into the dumper, just like the place I worked in Tampa.

I think it's official, I'm BAD LUCK! :wink:

However, I'm not going to let the work we did on BRC go to waste and never see the light of day. I'm very proud of all of it, especially the CGI that Treybor did. It's just too good to let it die.

I promise you guys, it'll get cut, and be posted online for everyone to enjoy.

And if the planets ever align, maybe we'll get some sort of Blade Runner fan project completed front to back.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:14 pm

Thanks for updating. I hope that we are able to one day see your hard work.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:54 am

Eli Booker wrote:
I think it's official, I'm BAD LUCK! :wink:

?What's that phrase Clovis say in the game?... IIRC:

"Without contraries there is no progression."

Keep it up!
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

PreviousNext

Return to Blade Runner Round Table