FAQ  •  Login

New to the Forum--Blade Runner Fan Film

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

DetDeck

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:27 am

It's been awhile since I've checked the fan film updates. I like what I see.

8)
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:38 am

Thanks!
Welcome to the Treybortorium! Rooms are $100 a night, but padded cells are free....
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:30 pm

so what's this you were doing with firefly? can you say yet? and did you just do the BSG vipers for fun? or is that another secret project?
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:38 pm

THX1138 wrote:so what's this you were doing with firefly? can you say yet? and did you just do the BSG vipers for fun? or is that another secret project?

1) the Serenity mesh I did last year is based on the Firefly series version.
Serenity beauty shot 1(1280x1024)

the same Serenity beauty shot (1024x768)

Serenity beauty shot 2 (1024x768)

Now that the Serenity movie is out, I plan to redo the mesh better than before.

2) the BSG viper was a challenge from Warrior over at LWG (Lightwave Group) and 3D Gladiators.
http://www.seansgallery.com/cgi-bin/sho ... 2_1&menu=6

3) the Valley Forge is now complete. It was challenge from a friend of mine. I won Mesh of the monthat LWG and 3D Gladiators both for that work.

4) Over the last few months I've been working on the Scarab Rescue Vehicle Concept WIP. Judging of the contest is taking place at LWG now.
http://www.seansgallery.com/cgi-bin/sho ... 39&menu=32

5) I just completed the two human meshes for Star Wars: A Rising Threat:
http://www.seansgallery.com/cgi-bin/sho ... ks&menu=34

6) I've still got a reaver ship in progress that I started on my last trip to Japan:

7) I also worked on the cost of living:
http://www.seansgallery.com/cgi-bin/sho ... ss5&menu=5

Most of these were for fun, but I have also had some freelance work.
Right now I'm playing around with the Blade Runner scenes, working on a third human head for the Rising THreat film, and building the Space Jockey from the original "Alien" movie.
Welcome to the Treybortorium! Rooms are $100 a night, but padded cells are free....
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:13 pm

space jocky, yay.

what did you do freelance work for? are you allowed to say?
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:55 pm

THX1138 wrote:space jocky, yay.

what did you do freelance work for? are you allowed to say?

No. I had to sign anothe NDA.
<<

THX1138

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:52 pm

another NDA. how fun. i had to sign one of those for an upcoming project i did CGI for. ill let you all know where to get it when it's done.

will we ever find out what secret project you did? between the BR Chronicles and your other secret NDA projects, how much sleep do you get a night? seeing the quality of your work, do you get any? do you ever eat?
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:54 pm

THX1138 wrote:another NDA. how fun. i had to sign one of those for an upcoming project i did CGI for. ill let you all know where to get it when it's done.

will we ever find out what secret project you did? between the BR Chronicles and your other secret NDA projects, how much sleep do you get a night? seeing the quality of your work, do you get any? do you ever eat?

sleep? what's that?
eat? too much...
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:35 am

We have had multiple production art updates in the last few months, but the final trailer and first episode were delayed. We have just completed the animatics for a spinner chase scene for the trailer. Also several new cut scenes have been added.

Our director has been experiencing some health issues, and a broken film camera, but we expect to have the updated trailer out by the end of the year. (crossing our fingers and praying for the good health of our director) If you could let people know to check the web site for updates that would be great!

http://www.seansgallery.com/pages/bladerun.htm

Here are some detailed images from the new meshes
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:10 pm

Hey there everyone! I haven't been around here in a long while, but I appreciate the support you guys have shown for this project.
:D Means alot to me, and everyone else working on the project.

It has been a rough year for me, quite possibly the worst year of my entire 33 on planet earth. I will be glad to see 2005 behind me. I am looking at 2006 as a new start for me, and for this project.

We haven't shot any live action footage since May, and I cannot express how badly I am itching to get back behind the camera and lens some new BRC footage.

But first thing is first. The new trailer. With the new footage, and the new CG. Yeah. SOON. And I don't think you will be disappointed about a single frame of it. Least I hope not :)

And the current plan is to, once fully published online to produce a limited number of DVD's that will be first come/first serve and will be completely free of charge. Like I said, that's the plan.

Noeland-------------
Name is Noeland, not Eli. But I played Eli once in a movie . . .
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:24 pm

limited number of DVDs? first come first serve? You should give BladeZone first dibs.

i mean im all for free, just looking at the CGI makes me want a DVD copy, but free? will you be offering DVDs for sale too? i'd take a free one, but if there's a paid version, ill take that over a free one. i just need a good dvd!!!

yeah, i can burn my own, im actually in looking to by a sub-$100 external dvd burner, but i'd rather have an official copy :)

if you want any help with DVD menus and backgrounds, let me know, im getting pretty experienced in Adobe After Effects (as well as adobe Encore for DVD creation). if oyu need help, let me know, i could use a new demo reel.
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:55 am

Hey, I think you're on to something there. :) I'd love it if bladezone were involved in a DVd giveaway, but I do not want to get them in any legal trouble.

When the time comes we will have to see how it goes. Based on how well the film is received online, and how much a demand there is for a DVD package with extras and all.

But we will not sell the film. Ever. It's free from us and always will be in whatever form we publish it. It's illegal - in that it's a copyright infringement - and a general "rights" infringement - to make a fan film, but they kind of leave you be if you don't try and sell it. Not alwasy, I know WB has shut down some fan films productions before regardless.

I have no doubt the bootleggers will be selling them at every convention in the world though. I see bootleg DVD's for fan films you can watch free online at every sci-fi and comic book show I attend. Some times in "complilation" sets even.

Like I said. We have to get the new trailer posted. I can't watit for you guys to see that.

Also, PM sent. Thank you! :)

Noeland----------------
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:00 am

New update.

I am recovering, slowly but surely from spinal surgery. I will be recovering for a while longer, but once I am 100% again we are going to finish principle photography on the entire project. Lord willing, we will have this sucker out for all to see within the year 2006!
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:12 pm

eeeeew. Spina.....im getting queezy now. What was wrong? Hope it's nothing serious and you get back on your feet soon.
<<

Eli Booker

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:03 pm

I was suffering from sudden, and excruciating sciatica from a ruptured disc in my lumbar. I lost the ability to walk, and the pain was so intense I could barley move. It was something I had been dealing with for a long time, but the pain was managable for a long while with medication. Then, the disc ruptured and it wasn't anymore. :shock:

So they cut me open and fixed it. :D

2005 was a bad year for me personally. I spent most of the year thinking I was losing the ability to walk because of MS. But as it turns out, my legs feel back to normal now. Actually they feel better than they have in about 2 years. So, once my back fully heals I am looking forward to actually being able to RUN again.

Thank you for the concern. I appreciate it very much.
PreviousNext

Return to Blade Runner Round Table