Red Dwarf Blade Runner parody on Dave UK tv

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Red Dwarf Blade Runner parody on Dave UK tv

I have just watched episode 2 of the new Red Dwarf series and it is a unbelievale parody of Blade Runner, there are direct references and scenes including an opening scene with the Tyrell like building, a scene copying Chew with eyes and even leaving origami figures about.
I am not sure if this is available in the USA but i will try to put a edit up on youtube asap.
I really love Red Dwarf but not sure if i like what they have done, it may grow on me but at the moment it feels like it's taking the piss out of my beloved film.
It also makes you feel that the makers have used the scenes from Blade Runner and it's theme to save a bit of time, effort and imagination.

As i said earlier i really hope it suddenly clicks with me and i will really like it, then i can then eat my words regarding the time, effort and imagination comment.
More human than human
<<

THX1138

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm not sure red dwarf is available here any more. PBS used to show Red Drawf, along with other popular BBC shows, such as "Keeping up appearances," and "Faulty Towers". I don't believe they show BBC shows any more, but I was lucky enough to see every red dwarf episode as it aired on PBS.

I've never seen this Blade Runner reference, though. I've seen very brief clips of it on the "back to earth" show, but not the entire sequence.

-edit-
just saw the "back to earth" episode 1 and 2. Love it. Funny stuff. I see the blade runner references now.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:01 am

yeah, i watched the episode and the making of.

not really a fan of red dwarf, but a fantastic tribute!
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.

Return to Blade Runner Round Table