New Runtime: 127 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 10 min added

http://fanedit.org/5394/
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:23 am

# -Gaff saying “are you shure you are a man” before saying “i guess you’re through”
# -”I think you and I are made for eachother”-scene after the end credits

There are reasons why some things are cut...oye.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed May 20, 2009 9:34 am

deleted wrote:# -Gaff saying “are you shure you are a man” before saying “i guess you’re through”
# -”I think you and I are made for eachother”-scene after the end credits

There are reasons why some things are cut...oye.

Yeah, Gaff's line needed to be cut. It's clumsy and insulting to the intelligence. The scene of Deckard digging that gunk out of his nose could have been quite happily cut as well, as could the second scene look looking right down from the top of the Bradbury to Deckard driving in. I don't mind the content of the scene itself, just the quality is lousy and is in clear contrast to the rest of the film and also it had already been done once with Pris. And the grainy, almost b+w, smokestacks sequence at the beginning of the "I spit on metaphysics scene", should have been cut for pretty much the same reasons.

The "You and i were made for each other" scene though, yes, it was an obviously tacked on afterthought and yes, a little of Sean Young's crazy seems to be slipping through there, but for some reason I quite like that scene. Perhap the one line, "Are you and I lovers?" should be cut and he rest left intact?

Modernknife does some interesting things with this scene in his Nexus 6 Extended Edition. He creates a whole sequence of flashbacks/daydreams. Although it was a little heavy handed and it seemed out of place, especially since the previous 'dream' sequence of the unicorn was missing, it was quite nicely done. He could also have done without the third close up shot of the Deckard and his wife photo in there, however.. That was definitely laying it on a bit thick, especially for a Deckard is human, cut.

I like that the Electric Unicorn Cut gives us the unicorn sequence, the option to have no voiceover and the happy ending as well.. Now all we need is the dove sequence from the original restored again and we are in business!
It's my heart. It feels like an alligator.

Return to Blade Runner Round Table