Blade Runner - Easter Egg

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:56 pm

Blade Runner - Easter Egg

It's my heart. It feels like an alligator.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 am

What part of this is an Easter egg?

Cool video though.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:56 pm

deleted wrote:What part of this is an Easter egg?

Cool video though.

It was an easter egg on a fan edit dvd I found :-)
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:30 pm

im a fan of choclolate, but was unable to see any easter eggs in their at all?
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

doc3d

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Blade Runner 2008 Fan Edit

Does anyone out there really have this? Some people are calling it an "easter egg" but it isn't. It's a full tilt fan edit that's first class. I'm not talking about just the avi, but the real four channel audio DVD done by Adigitalman? If you have it, we can do a deal. Contact me via PM.

doc3d
<<

doc3d

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:42 am

A big thank you to Feyhra...

It was kind of an ordeal downloading all 4 gigs of rar files, but having watched the complete DVD quality 135 minute fan edit of "Blade Runner 2008" a few days ago, I have to say the person who did the work-- calls himself Adigitalman-- made something magnificent. It's certainly the definitive version of the film, using components drawn from all five of the DVDs that were in the Ultimate Edition as source material. With Harrison Ford's entire voice over reconnected to the visual component, suddenly Deckard is revealed as a human being, not just a gun-slinging hit man. We find out his wife split with some guy who made it big in the Colonies. The hospital scene is reintegrated. Leon's scenes are restored so the segment where Deckard finds the photos and the scale make sense. And even the business with the snake scale makes sense! If I'm remembering correctly, the tracking movements done in Deckard's apartment using the Esper to analyze the photo of Zhora now actually match the commands he gives it! The background sounds from the workprint are back, integrated seamlessly into the movie. There are literally hundreds of modifications, some bold, some subtle. I can't imagine the amount of time that went into this. The box art and disc art are still downloadable on fanedit.org, and are professional quality, but you'll need to make a trip into the Zone to find the DVD quality movie files. After seeing the "easter egg" I was expecting some cheesy avi flick, but that "easter egg" is only a shadow of the real DVD. Adigitalman is definitely an artist and technician of the first order. As of today the rar files were still on the Rapidshare server; if you plan to go after the film, I'd suggest not waiting too long. Of course, I can't mass produce copies. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid. So you'll have to fire up google and go for it yourself if you want it. There's even what looks like a dual layer version, but 80 100 meg files is over the top for me.
Last edited by doc3d on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:11 am

Oh crap. :cry: I'd love to download the NIN concert too. But, my computer hasn't the space for such gems. I need it for my projects.

How I'd love to see this version. It'll be on eBay before you know it... I'm sure. :roll:
<<

doc3d

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm

It'll never be on ebay. Ebay would kill the listing, and the MPAA would come down on the person like a ton of bricks. The people involved with fan editing would also go after anyone trying to sell it, because cashing in on Adigitalman's work would violate their entire raison d'etre. Apparently, this thing has been around for quite awhile-- I just didn't etravel in the correct circles to find it earlier. I decided to bite the bullet once I knew it existed, and went after it, which included giving my Visa card number to a Rapidshare access reseller in Norway. We all have our priorities, and after reading the description on the DVD box art at fanedit.org, I knew I had to tackle the learning curve and figure out the skills as well as take the risks to navigate the Zone. I've seen my teenage son go torrenting for music, but this was all completely new stuff for me...

Doc
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:40 am

There was a guy selling a dvd set that included all the versions of the film including the workprint and the Theatricals from the laser discs, along with a ton of extras like the "on the Edge of Blade Runner" Documentary, and he had them up quite a few times without problems. Of course this was before Warner Brothers got their distribution Rights renewed and the 'Final cut' was announced. WB is got their hands full with Batman right now so I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up at some point down the road after BR is forgotten by them again. Doesn't mean they won't get sued but It will at least be tried and eBay won't act until asked to usually.

I finally got to see the fan cut in question and it seems like they tried to stuff as much of the deleted and extra stuff in there from the briefcase set as possible. I kind of wished they didn't try to put in both the Theatrical voice over with the VO from CDL's deleted scene cut. there was no correction for the different tones in his voice or recording so they really didn't mesh, especially when they had two music tracks going at the same time.

I will have to say though that much of the stuff does work much better than any of the "official" cuts, and I still stand by the hospital scenes and how much they could have added to the movie. I also like the addition of the more explicit love scene, but I am probably a bit biased on that one :).

Andy
<<

doc3d

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:47 pm

The human voice undergoes quite a range of dynamics, depending upon whether or not one is stressed, relaxed, drinking, smoking, breathing LA air, allergies, etc. I had no trouble at all suspending disbelief when Deckard's voice shifted a bit, and it became a non-issue. Yeah, one could phase shift the voice, but not worth the effort. It's still Deckard.

However, the fan edit DVD has options for turning off and on a number of sound options involving the VO...

The fan edit still remains the best version of the movie Blade Runner I've ever seen, with the sole exception of the premier 70mm unscratched 6 channel sound version. I doubt I'll ever bother watching any of the other video cuts, though, of course, I own them.
<<

doc3d

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:43 pm

Postscript: Adigitalman didn't have perfect source material, so there's bound to be some overlap and glitching in building the Blade Runner 2008 Fan Edit. Having worked in the industry, I've seen rough work in film building, so this was pretty much a non issue for me-- after noting the first few technical issues, I just ignored it on a subconscious level and the film flowed...

Doc
<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed May 20, 2009 4:37 pm

Sorry guys, somehow I lost track of this thread.. But yeah, the number of Blade Runner fan edits seems to be increasing dramatically all of a sudden. If this keeps up we'll have a situation like with the huge number of Star Wars fan edits - Star Wars is ok and all, but Blade Runner is a much more worthy film!

We have 4 currently listed on fanedit.org, there are two from Japan in the pipeline and there are other less well known ones out there too. It's about time I brushed up on my video editing skills - I suspect the only way I will ever get my perfect edit, is if I make it myself!

Return to Blade Runner Round Table