inspired movies or ripoffs *****

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:12 pm

inspired movies or ripoffs *****

What movies do you think were derived from blade runner in some ways or more? and what do you think about the movie babalon ad with vin diesal? At the end you see how they took from the terminator,
(" there's a storm coming .") 8)
"I'm kinda nervous when I take tests" -leon
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:14 pm

<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:30 am

IM SURE tio have been read a question like this before btw LOOK AT NIRVANA BY GABRIELE SALVATORES umbelieveable but is an italian movie look at those videos http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=8mi1ksJUQME http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=W3NnsLnfYEE

i'm not particularly proud to be italian (its a boring coutry) but i have to say that this movie really freaked me out alot of times and everytime when i watch again that stuff i continue to think "fuck umbelieveable just like BR but is an italian movie.." :lol:

is our "the fifth element" another proof that europeans are great on SCIFI if the wants.. the main problem for euroscifi still the budget.. :(
Last edited by Phantom on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

"THE NEWEST MACHINE IN THE WORLD WILL NEVER
MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:33 am

Kipple wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xz1hEbBcPo

hey thanks :shock: kassovitz is umbelieveable as always. french are lucky..
ImageImage

MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:40 am

Wow! Big rip indeed! Looks great though. ;) I'll have to see about getting this. I've seen the trailer before. Just one of those things that gets pushed down the list of priorities. ;)

Jolly Jack = Buster Friendly from DADoES
<<

maledoro

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:42 pm

The TV show "Total Recall 2070" is closer to Blade Runner in its atmosphere, dialogue, etc.

Worth a look.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:59 pm

maledoro wrote:The TV show "Total Recall 2070" is closer to Blade Runner in its atmosphere, dialogue, etc.

Worth a look.

Total Recall 2070

Series based on the 1990 theatrical film, the sci-fi thriller, "Total Recall." Adventures of police detective David Hume and his android partner Ian Farve, members of the Citizens Protection Bureau (CPB), whose mission is to defend innocent parties from unchecked anti-societal powers. Their investigations involve mysterious and often perilous cases that take them from Earth to the colonies on Mars.

The following episode is available online.

Machine Dreams

Hume and his new partner embark on a mission to locate a missing 12-year-old boy.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:17 pm

I see what you mean. The city scenes...Hume's coat...even the "Gaff-like" character driving the police "Spinner-like" vehicle toward the end of the episode posted above! As well as more...but I don't want to give it away. An interesting Blade Runner influenced episode indeed! :wink:

All 22 episodes are also available, ad supported, on the hulu service.
<<

maledoro

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:11 am

Kipple wrote:I see what you mean. The city scenes...Hume's coat...even the "Gaff-like" character driving the police "Spinner-like" vehicle toward the end of the episode posted above! As well as more...but I don't want to give it away. An interesting Blade Runner influenced episode indeed! :wink:

A few years ago, I couldn't sleep and turned on the TV. It was after midnight and my channel surfing landed on this show that looked like a series based on my second-favorite Ridley Scott film. Just the overall mood of the series cries "Blade Runner".

Kipple wrote:All 22 episodes are also available, ad supported, on the hulu service.

I guess I'm going to be late getting to my appointments...
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Blade Runner .....the american dream*****

Max pain ,i'll spell it like that because it was almost a pain to watch, except for the rain, i've always loved the rain. Sometimes movies feel like rip offs and sometimes they feel like inspired works of art.
Blade Runner I believe was inspired by many things ,..........death,.life,loneliness in the company of others,being the outstanding one in the mist of a crowd, a search for truth,a key piece that changes a puzzle into a map of life, old black n white movies, the thought of a world gone dark and the thought of hope for a better day ,the increase in techknowledgy that still doesn't make the sun shine any brighter, and a hero that doesn't prevail without losing some blood.
It's a movie that should be incased in bullet proof glass. 8)
"I'm kinda nervous when I take tests" -leon
<<

gerdpee

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:13 pm

Hey isn't that Christopher Lambert?
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:57 am

gerdpee wrote:Hey isn't that Christopher Lambert?
yes he is
ImageImage

MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:50 am

U2 - THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yiNqwEAtpk

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ImageImage

MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:58 pm

The snow ruins the mood. We don't get snow in LA. We've had hailstorms on occasion but no snow. Except in the mountains. And those snowy forests look distinctly European.

Another thing: ever notice that Universal Music Group deliberately puts up shoddy encodes of their music videos? Sound was fubar and the picture was pixillating all over the place. They all look like crap.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.

Return to Blade Runner Round Table