Pris/raccoon?

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:14 pm

Pris/raccoon?

I think everything I've ever read about the characters in BR being associated with certain animals has Pris as a raccoon. Only 1 thing works for me in regards to that idea... The "mask" she spray-paints on her eyes.

I have always thought of Pris as a Cat, and numerous things steer me in that direction. Hear me out:

Just before entering the Bradbury with J.F., she squints her eyes as you hear the howl of a cat, and the streetlights above her head resemble slanted green cat's eyes (intentional & fantastic camerawork BTW).
Also, wasn't there supposed to be an animoid cat outside J.F.'s lapping-up some oil originally? (early script or something. can't remember.)
When she attacks Deck and jumps on his shoulders, it causes her hair to stand on end... like a pissed-off cat.
After her death we still hear the cat's howl during the Roy/Deck chase but, I believe that to be the canine's/Roy's grief as he is thinking about avenging the death of his feline friend.

I may be forgetting some other stuff. Heck, even many domestic cats have masks or spots on their eyes.
I thought about having a poll but it's not such an important issue... just something that always kinda bugged me. I'd rather just hear your thoughts and opinions on this. Anyone?
ImageImageImage
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:50 am

interesting POV, Gene. you're probably right. never thought about that, i just have to watch BR again with in that in mind.

anyway, i agree with you about the great camera work in the I'm Hungry J.F. scene, i love those cat-eye looking green streetlights, and i'm positive in some version that shot lasts longer than in the FC. not sure which one, have to check.
<<

jimmymack8

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:27 pm

Cats

<<<<<<After her death we still hear the cat's howl during the Roy/Deck chase but, I believe that to be the canine's/Roy's grief as he is thinking about avenging the death of his feline friend>>>>>> lol....I always thought it was a wolf howl during the Deckard/Roy chase scene, but Pris does have some cat like attributes.
Chew...if only you could see, what I've seen with your eyes!
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Re: Cats

jimmymack8 wrote:<<<<<<After her death we still hear the cat's howl during the Roy/Deck chase but, I believe that to be the canine's/Roy's grief as he is thinking about avenging the death of his feline friend>>>>>> lol....I always thought it was a wolf howl during the Deckard/Roy chase scene, but Pris does have some cat like attributes.

Oh yes, Roy is definately howling like a wolf while in pursuit of Deckard. I'm speaking of the sound of the cat in the soundtrack. Happens several times. Sort of a "meow"... but not a happy one. A cat's howl, not a dog's.
ImageImageImage
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Planta wrote:interesting POV, Gene. you're probably right. never thought about that, i just have to watch BR again with in that in mind.

anyway, i agree with you about the great camera work in the I'm Hungry J.F. scene, i love those cat-eye looking green streetlights, and i'm positive in some version that shot lasts longer than in the FC. not sure which one, have to check.

It's weird, when I first saw those lights, they looked like Spawn's eyes. But yeah, a cat is fine too.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:29 pm

deleted wrote:It's weird, when I first saw those lights, they looked like Spawn's eyes. But yeah, a cat is fine too.

:lol: :lol: Good one, deleted. But of course, BR has no reason whatsoever to reference Spawn :wink:

Honestly... Listen to how many times you hear the cat. Simultaneously with the green streetlights, I might add. To me, it's always seemed so obvious that Pris is a cat that I really can't believe it's never been brought up before.
ImageImageImage

Return to Blade Runner Round Table