FAQ  •  Login

"Questions" and ans.. for replicants&men

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

Araym

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 am

that is true Ridley Scott talks several times in the extras that he faught tooth and nail to keep that unicorn sequence in but WB axed it anyway...
either they didn't get the sequence or they were trying to remove some of the DeckaRep evidence so that the moviegoer would have a human hero to identify with...
Gosh, you really got some nice toys here...
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:51 pm

protectadeck wrote:
Jobeykobra wrote:
protectadeck wrote:
Jobeykobra wrote:The one in Bryant's office is a chicken, implying that Rick Deckard is a chicken for not wanting to retire the replicants. I'm not sure what the little person he left in Leon's apartment is supposed to mean, but I do know that the unicorn at the end of the Director's cut and Final Cut, according to the director and those who believe that Deckard is a Replicant, means that Gaff knew about Deckard's thought of the unicorn, indicating it was an implanted thought.
Could gaff or deck know about that dream before the dream was inserted :!: ,There was no dream of a unicorn before it was inserted according to the movie that played in theaters years and years ago . I like the final cut but the answer is only imaginitive to the viewer of either film. 8)

Yes, I understand that it was imaginative. I understand that that dream was inserted only in the DC and FC, but with that dream inserted, supposedly the origami unicorn means that Gaff knew it was an implanted thought. The director himself believes Deckard was a replicant, and so do a lot of others.
8) YES possibly so with the dream incerted but listen for a moment...There was -NO- dream until it was incerted ,and I'm not saying he's a rep or not ,but how can the little silver piece signify that gaff knew of a dream when there wasn't one before ,it's like the movie was kinda rewritten when this happened and it kinda limits the free thinkers sorta, that would like to have it more of a choice to them rather than a dead end declaration. Thank you Ridley for the 4 dicc collection ,choice is good :!: Even Rid. said something in one of the interviews how your supposed to think for your self and discover these kind of things when you watch a movie..(not in those exact words)
The version I had been waiting for was the inter. ver. on dvd and look :o a final cut ! I must say, a collection indeed! :!: :!: :!:
:arrow: :arrow: My statement "dead end declaration" refers mostly to a sequel like movie that finalizes deck as a rep. , I wouldn't like that and others feel the same. If they had to go and make one , it could be about the past adventures of the blade runners and a somewhat history of the tyrell corp. and the off world colonies. :P
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:23 pm

8) memories of green 8) subject -views for yous coming up soon.... ...............
Last edited by protectadeck on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:19 pm

my answer

dekard knew about rachel and the baby spiders and so on because he had done his homework on rachel ,He's a cop ,remember ...it's his job.
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Jobeykobra wrote:
protectadeck wrote:
Jobeykobra wrote:The one in Bryant's office is a chicken, implying that Rick Deckard is a chicken for not wanting to retire the replicants. I'm not sure what the little person he left in Leon's apartment is supposed to mean, but I do know that the unicorn at the end of the Director's cut and Final Cut, according to the director and those who believe that Deckard is a Replicant, means that Gaff knew about Deckard's thought of the unicorn, indicating it was an implanted thought.
Could gaff or deck know about that dream before the dream was inserted :!: ,There was no dream of a unicorn before it was inserted according to the movie that played in theaters years and years ago . I like the final cut but the answer is only imaginitive to the viewer of either film. 8)

Yes, I understand that it was imaginative. I understand that that dream was inserted only in the DC and FC, but with that dream inserted, supposedly the origami unicorn means that Gaff knew it was an implanted thought. The director himself believes Deckard was a replicant, and so do a lot of others.
:P :P :P are they sure though :?:
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:51 pm

SHOULD'VE BEEN ????? Here's a couple of views for yous......

protectadeck wrote:
Brendan wrote:The dream wasn't just inserted in the director's cut, and final cut. It was actually in the orginal workprint version before being cut for the theatrical release. It should always have been in there.
8)... The work print ,good answer , so you say,.. but IF the unicorn dream and twisted up figure "should" go together LIKE u say,..then WHAT is the purpose in passing deck off as a police officer to work for a boss,bryant, that has a deep hatred for "skin jobs"?! (refer to intern. ver. narrative after deck enters bryant's office) Who would set this up? In the opening text of the movie it reads...reps. were used as off world slave labor,and they were declared illegal,...Remember chew saying to roy-"illegal!" you not come here"! ILLEGAL, after a bloody mutiny ,--that's an overthrow of their masters!They were not allowed to trespass on earth and working for the boys in blue ,I don't think so! Was deck superior in strength and agility like it says in the text about replicants,no! It just doesn't all add up YET if you consider these examples. Wasn't rachael simply an experiment? Deck said tyrell said she was special ,no termination date, and deck also said that gaff was wrong . ( the intern. version. end narrative) ....Well, check this out and see what u think... :idea: Could it be that rick suppressed his past with this new kind of schizo identity, (a supercop), an idea developed in his mind.The manufactors would call this a malfunction if Deckard was a replicant. In the process he became a man eventually forgetting where he came from, blending into society,followed by his employment with the police department.Later after , when deckard is introduced to us for the first time, -you- see him sitting there looking through the newspaper,( want adds?),out of work ,then called back in to be reinstated (to continue to kill off his past identity as a replicant by hunting them down literaly as a hired man ):?: Did he hide out like zhorah and priss at the first to blend in? Did he escape from somewhere or someone? WoE..... 8) I don't know about you but I'm not making any final judgements concering any of the versions. :idea: In the earlier days before with the department, he may have been even better at his work in detecting and running down replicants or others that trespass against the law. Remember bryant, how he said to gaff something like, "you can learn" from this guy ,a one man slaughter house, after deck retired zhorah? Deckard would have known them even better than anyone else ,if he had been one ,it may have been partly what "drove" him to be a blade runner.... For he now hated their deceitful nature and disreguard for life and the law, his slavery past ,and what he grew out of,he wanted no part of it anymore ,kind of like the vulcans that grew out of their savage past on star trek,spoc is unlike his ancestors. The unicorn could represent his survival and his triumph, as well as rachael's ,over their past, with the dream incerted or no dream . They were onto some greener pastures :!:(a line I got from christian slater in the movie True Romance) .(refer to Br. end scene, intern. ver.) After the elevator door closes at the end of the international ver.,they go from dark(their past) to riding away into the light(their future) so to speak.Can this dreamy place with it's light and greenery be on earth or another planet ? The world had grown dark more ways than one. A new day had arisen 4 these 2, you see ? I say their dream was alive within ,so those that believe can achieve. They made music together..and were like the dream running free,Shining new like a one of a kind, silver little unicorn. I think rick and rach will live a long time ,life ,..Legends do :!: 8) More than human , they are , For Real! 8) Here's a suggestion that could help support Deckard as the man he had become or even if he never was a replicant. ....Notice when Roy stood there with his arms crossed ,he made a conscious choice and turned around ,ran and jumped to the other side to save a man, a life, (was deck the first man he saved or sort of laid down his life for?) crossing over instantly freed him from his artificial makeup as if life had mysteriously breathed on him in a new way making him a man of honor and rememberance rather than a pawn ,a replicant , or a piece of merchandise! Is this why he shouted "kinship!"before he pulled deck up,think about it,..he suddenly had a different connection with life and mankind and was no longer the same :!: In that last moment he had done something that would not be forgotten or lost ,something worthy of rememberance.Deckard spoke about how he showed love for life, in the voice over version but just a note ,....I think that was obvious there at the end and needed no narrative in that part of the film . When the dove flew up into the lighted sky ,it looked very early morning like ,this could signify a new day was on the horizan for roy and deck in a manner of speaking , a day remembered ! They replaced this with a dark sky to fit, but both versions work if you ask me. 8) 8) .....These are my thoughts, examples of what rid meant to me when he said how it's great to discover these things for ourselves when watching a movie,(not in these words exac. ), refer to danger. days. Why go to a dead end and say "This is how it is"if you can't say 4 sure :?:

holy macaroni ! What do you mean I'm not helping? :!:
Last edited by protectadeck on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:02 pm

In the smokey briefing room, shouldn't the part where deck goes "what's this?"( when showing roy on the screen) go after leon shows up on the screen? It's like they put those cuts out of order,right? In that scene deckard hadn't heard of the nexus 6 replicants,things have changed since he was there or maybe he had a case of abnesia. :lol: If he had developed into a real man (a tranformation),and was a repc. before ,he may have been stronger when he was a replicant but when going through the changes he may have become more like a regular man rather than a super mine worker on the off world planet where these strengths were a nesesity. Bryant spoke about how they might begin to develope their own emotional responses ,What next :?: :-k
Last edited by protectadeck on Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Crow T. Robot

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:02 am

I think that the chicken was to get Deck into doing the job. Implying he was scared to do what he was built to do. Gaff had to push or nudge him to do his job. I think Gaff was just there to see where the investigation would lead. Since Gaff was human they needed a Replicant to seek and destroy the rogue replicants without harming human officers......

The matchstick man is considered a con man so I think that was Gaff's way of saying your on the right track and with the oversized pee-pee, showing that Deck was starting to enjoy what he was suppose to be doing.

In the original (no dream sequence edition) the Unicorn could have implied that Rachael the fictional person that he was looking for. When I saw BR without the dream, that is what I took it to mean. Something that isn't real comes to life to be with you.

But, after the dream sequence was put in on the DVD. It reinforced the fact that someone out there knew Deck's thought. Which means they had to be implanted....... If that is the case, then Deck must be a rep. himself.

That's just my .02 worth.
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:21 pm

a question, not to be ignored....

Why do "you" think that roy jumped to the other side to save deckard?This was a new thing for roy to do right?
"I'm kinda nervous when I take tests" -leon
<<

Kalish

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:36 am

Re: a question, not to be ignored....

protectadeck wrote:Why do "you" think that roy jumped to the other side to save deckard?This was a new thing for roy to do right?

I always felt that when Roy first comes after Deckard (after he kills Pris) he fully intends to kill him. In fact, he purposely maims his fingers and plays "cat & mouse" with him to really enjoy his revenge. At some point as he watches Deckard struggling to escape him Roy empathizes (no pun intended) with his desire for life. This culminates in his somewhat surprised look when Deckard makes the leap to the next building. At this point Roy is now trying to help Deckard understand his situation. "Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?" Roy wants Deckard to appreciate life the way he now does.

As always, this is just my interpretation (i.e. what I read into it.)
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri May 16, 2008 8:09 am

Kalish wrote:
protectadeck wrote:Why do "you" think that roy jumped to the other side to save deckard?This was a new thing for roy to do right?

I always felt that when Roy first comes after Deckard (after he kills Pris) he fully intends to kill him. In fact, he purposely maims his fingers and plays "cat & mouse" with him to really enjoy his revenge. At some point as he watches Deckard struggling to escape him Roy empathizes (no pun intended) with his desire for life. This culminates in his somewhat surprised look when Deckard makes the leap to the next building. At this point Roy is now trying to help Deckard understand his situation. "Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?" Roy wants Deckard to appreciate life the way he now does.

As always, this is just my interpretation (i.e. what I read into it.)

I appreciate (take good note) of your answer .
With this site we're on ,it's truly wonderful ,if I may use that word, to learn to stand back and view other people's statements and feelings about this movie that's kind of like a secret doorway into our own lives, causing us to question the important things that we haven't been aware of some times. ....Just think about how many people LIVE IN FEAR! For example,...Why are prices rising on just about every thing?,especialy after gas prices go up?,...well, for one thing obviously,people aren't standing up together and saying no!,they say whatever. .. That's a kind of fear!
This movie says so much for our time,we're in the future ,don't let your moment be lost ,but found after the rain. ah...I had to say it ,had to tap it on these keys. 8) Just know that if it's meaningful ,it's poetry,and a poet carries an umbrella so the rain can't wash away his ink.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Fri May 16, 2008 12:17 pm

protectadeck wrote: This movie says so much for our time,we're in the future ,don't let your moment be lost ,but found after the rain. ah...I had to say it ,had to tap it on these keys. 8) Just know that if it's meaningful ,it's poetry,and a poet carries an umbrella so the rain can't wash away his ink.

Nicely put. :wink:
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Kipple wrote:
protectadeck wrote: This movie says so much for our time,we're in the future ,don't let your moment be lost ,but found after the rain. ah...I had to say it ,had to tap it on these keys. 8) Just know that if it's meaningful ,it's poetry,and a poet carries an umbrella so the rain can't wash away his ink.

Nicely put. :wink:

Kipple...,
your welcome.

Today at the library, someone was turning the dir. cut back in and I told them about the final cut, that it was worth checking out to. I'm the one that requested that they purchase it, so others can see it ,now they have a copy (the 2 disc edition), man, what a freaking movie! ,that just never wants to get old, but somehow gets newer and newer .It's what they might call ..movie magic! \:D/
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: "Questions" and ans.. for replicants&men

Why would leon have memories,or should i say pictures?, if he was designed for "off world labor",wouldn't that provoke somewhat an emotional responce that he might began to develope and get in the way of his work that he was powered to do?
Remember rachael was just an experiment ,nothing more tyrell said,and i thought leon was susposed to be different.
any thoughts :idea: will be apritiated!
Previous

Return to Blade Runner Round Table