Stuffed Unicorn in J. F. Sebastian's apartment

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

joseph1949

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Stuffed Unicorn in J. F. Sebastian's apartment

I am curious about the stuffed unicorn in J. F. Sebastian's apartment.

You can see the unicorn in the scene where Sebastian is asleep in a chair. This is a wide shot. You can see the unicorn in the right corner.

Why is the unicorn there? The unicorn theme is through out the movie.

Sebastion says to Roy and Pris that part of him is in the two of them. Deckard has his unicorn dream. Could not part of Sebastion be in Deckard and this is why Deckard has the unicorn dream? This is an another reason to believe that Deckard is not human.

Has any one talked to William Sanderson (the actor that played J. F. Sebastion) about the stuffed unicorn?

And if so, what did he say?

Has any one tried to find a crew member that placed the unicorn in the scene?

And if so, what did the crew member have to say?

Thank you
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:55 pm

:?: was the unicorn dream incerted to fit the unicorn deck finds on the floor or was that footage something they didn't use when they were doing the cutting making the final decisions in the orig . release ? anybody?If this is true the unicorn could have another meaning like the original writer said i think. It did when I first saw it. :idea:
<<

Blade Runner IV

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:50 am

I think the unicorn scene was removed from the original release. I don't think it was made later to fit the unicorn Deckard finds. The scene was already planned/done and just re-added in the Directors and Final Cuts.
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Junker wrote:I think the unicorn scene was removed from the original release. I don't think it was made later to fit the unicorn Deckard finds. The scene was already planned/done and just re-added in the Directors and Final Cuts.
If you could tell me "where" to look up that info. to back up your answer that would be excellent and may I add appritiated :P seems like I saw my answer somewhere. 8)
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Stuffed Unicorn in J. F. Sebastian's apartment

joseph1949 wrote:I am curious about the stuffed unicorn in J. F. Sebastian's apartment.

You can see the unicorn in the scene where Sebastian is asleep in a chair. This is a wide shot. You can see the unicorn in the right corner.

Why is the unicorn there? The unicorn theme is through out the movie.

Sebastion says to Roy and Pris that part of him is in the two of them. Deckard has his unicorn dream. Could not part of Sebastion be in Deckard and this is why Deckard has the unicorn dream? This is an another reason to believe that Deckard is not human.

Has any one talked to William Sanderson (the actor that played J. F. Sebastion) about the stuffed unicorn?

And if so, what did he say?

Has any one tried to find a crew member that placed the unicorn in the scene?

And if so, what did the crew member have to say?

Thank you
:arrow: This is a great point u make but this could have happened without key people even noticing and things like this are pointing out by people like u and i sometime. I think that maybe they could make a movie about early adventures with dekard before he discontinued his services as a br instead of declairing he's a replicant in a part 2 like movie that a good many of the fans of this mystery wouldn't like too much. Have you ever heard a person say, I love a good mystery? I admit that deckard revealed as a replicant in a new movie would be something to see but the truth is that I would probably regret seeing it and sort of wish it hadn't been made like the final JAWS movies. Blade Runner works different ways for different people and to make a sequal to limit that would not be why I go to the movies,so ridley if your listening, I hope you consider this view of concern. :idea:
<<

Blade Runner IV

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:52 pm

protectadeck wrote:
Junker wrote:I think the unicorn scene was removed from the original release. I don't think it was made later to fit the unicorn Deckard finds. The scene was already planned/done and just re-added in the Directors and Final Cuts.
If you could tell me "where" to look up that info. to back up your answer that would be excellent and may I add appritiated :P seems like I saw my answer somewhere. 8)

I'm pretty sure I heard it on the 'Dangerous Days' Documentary on the 5 disc edition. How the unicorn scene was removed and a voice over was added.
<<

redeye

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:49 am

Has anyone noticed the small Rhino figurine in Deckards apartment?

From Wikipedia: "Since the rhinoceros is the only known extant land animal to possess a single horn, it has often been supposed that the unicorn legend originated from encounters between Europeans and rhinoceroses"
<<

THX1138

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:11 pm

redeye wrote:Has anyone noticed the small Rhino figurine in Deckards apartment?

From Wikipedia: "Since the rhinoceros is the only known extant land animal to possess a single horn, it has often been supposed that the unicorn legend originated from encounters between Europeans and rhinoceroses"

I've noticed it and never thought much about it. I always thought it had something to do with his wife. Maybe a figuring she left behind or symbolism involving his divorce.

This is more of a game question, but since we're talking about animal/unicorn symbolism here, does anyone know what Ray McCoy's animal was? It's been brought up in many threads that each character has an animal quality attached to them; pris = racon, leon = turtle, roy = wolf, zhora = snake, etc... anyone know Ray's? It's been a while since I played the game, so I need a refreshing.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:47 pm

THX1138 wrote:This is more of a game question, but since we're talking about animal/unicorn symbolism here, does anyone know what Ray McCoy's animal was? It's been brought up in many threads that each character has an animal quality attached to them; pris = racon, leon = turtle, roy = wolf, zhora = snake, etc... anyone know Ray's? It's been a while since I played the game, so I need a refreshing.

I don't believe he is associated with an animal. The animals in the game (Besides those at Runciter's and in the marketplace) are dogs (Maggie and Rikki), dragonfly, scorpion, rats, Tyrell's owl, and a strange alien "creature" presumably from Mars (From a "dream" that Ray has.) But, I may have missed something. Anyone else?
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:11 pm

THX1138 wrote:
redeye wrote:Has anyone noticed the small Rhino figurine in Deckards apartment?

I've noticed it and never thought much about it. I always thought it had something to do with his wife. Maybe a figuring she left behind or symbolism involving his divorce.

This is more of a game question, but since we're talking about animal/unicorn symbolism here, does anyone know what Ray McCoy's animal was? It's been brought up in many threads that each character has an animal quality attached to them; pris = racon, leon = turtle, roy = wolf, zhora = snake, etc... anyone know Ray's? It's been a while since I played the game, so I need a refreshing.

@ redeye:
I've noticed the rhino but never considered the single horn connection. Interesting. Nice find on the wikipedia unicorn/rhino comparison. :)
Hey, maybe Gaff's matchstick man ties-in to this symbolism too. The human male has a single horn, as well! :lol:

@ THX1138:
Sorry, man. Can't remember or never found out in the first place. Maybe Kipple nailed it... the alien creature from mars. Could mean Ray's a rep. Or there's no animal association whatsoever. But hey, good question.
BTW, the Pris/raccoon thing has always bugged me. I wanna talk about that but I think I'll start a new thread.
ImageImageImage

Return to Blade Runner Round Table