"Westways" article: Downtown LA Movie Palaces

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:59 pm

"Westways" article: Downtown LA Movie Palaces

There is a full article in the magazine AAA members in SoCal get about the old movie palaces of Downtown LA. The article includes the Million Dollar Theatre which received screen time in Blade Runner. (exteriors only)

The article interviews people from the LA Conservancy and mentions the "Last Remaining Seats" festival which runs every year in the Spring. There is no mention of what movies are showing this year or which theatres will be featured, and there is no mention either at laconservancy.org.

The article is cool if only for the interior shots of the Million Dollar Theatre. It's 90 years old and it's still gorgeous thanks to the recent restoration. I'll scan and post as soon as I can.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:31 pm

Re: "Westways" article: Downtown LA Movie Palaces

msgeek wrote: I'll scan and post as soon as I can.

Please do so, so that I know what would have happened if I went the other way across the street, instead of into the Bradbury. ;)

Have a better one,
Martin
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:35 pm

No need to scan...here's the entire article...

http://www.aaa-calif.org/westways/0108/features/ScreenGems.aspx

Enjoy!
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.

Return to Blade Runner Round Table