FAQ  •  Login

These vehicles in my city reminds me br alot dont u?

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:31 am

These vehicles in my city reminds me br alot dont u?

:lol: :lol:

this is weird, my city is medieval but all the bus stop are digitalized and provided with led screens show hour and programmed to predict live the incoming of the next bus.. :shock:
inside some bus of my city you can have a multimedial entertainment and commercials in LCD screens.. and electronic voice say the stop that coming next..
Last edited by Phantom on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

"THE NEWEST MACHINE IN THE WORLD WILL NEVER
MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:38 am

or the current.
ImageImage

MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nice score Phantom. actually Bologna looks pretty much like LA2019, especially at night with rain, of course. the secret is mixing together these elements: claustrophobic architecture, baroque style building retrofitted with conditioners and antennas, ultramodern buildings, fog, packed crowd. Bologna actually's got all these elements put together. too bad it's not raining enough, lately... :lol:

i'll be taking some pics one of these nights, i'd like you guys/girls to see how BR-esque it looks here around.
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:45 am

Re: Those vehicle in my city reminds me br alot dont u?

Phantom wrote:this is weird, my city is medieval but all the bus stop are digitalized and provided with led screens show hour and programmed to predict live the incoming of the next bus.. :shock:
inside some bus of my city you can have a multimedial entertainment and commercials in LCD screens.. and electronic voice say the stop that coming next..

yeah, that's so cool! that's another crucial element to be added to the recipe to obtain a true BR-esque-looking-city! :lol:
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:01 am

you know, italy is full of morons and we use money to pay mafia and repair the old bullshits cemetery as coliseum or milan dome and not to make superexpress highways (we need them.) or metro systems so, for the future of Bologna they want to provide the city with those kind of Trolleybus BRT Civis:

look at the weels completely covered like:

straight br mood.

Image and the vehicle to wash streets still reminds me jf truck.
ImageImage

MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:16 am

That looks like the Metro Orange Line...except those mega-buses are powered by Compressed Natural Gas instead of electricity. Which sucks. I would like to see a move to hybrid technology first, then complete electrification of the Orange Line. Right now the Orange Line buses have to turn around on city streets to go the opposite direction on the busway. This is why hybrid would be necessary. You'd have aerial power lines for the buses when they're cruising down the busway. Perhaps when the Orange Line busway is extended to Chatsworth they can look at an electrification system.

Here's what they look like now:
http://www.metro.net/news_info/metroorangeline.htm

I really would have rather they went with light rail but that was a hard sell in some of the neighborhoods it went through. And this is amazingly fast. It's easily the fastest east-west route in the Valley.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:35 pm

Phantom wrote:you know, italy is full of morons and we use money to pay mafia and repair the old bullshits cemetery as coliseum or milan dome...

agree 100% about money wasting, but to call the Coliseum or Milan Dome old bullshits... no, please :(
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:58 pm

ImageImage

MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:12 pm

I have always liked the looks of pure utilitarian vehicles. They never seem to go out of style.

Return to Blade Runner Round Table