FAQ  •  Login

Favorite Character

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:37 pm

Deckard wrote:As much as I like Deckard, I think I have to say Roy/Rutger.

He does the most changing and evolving of any character in the film, and like any great film villain, is the most complex.

Hauer's acting shows the most range, even within a single scene, from one second to the next. Grief, Pain, Anger, Disappointment, Fear, Confusion, Enjoyment, Pleasure, Savoring his experiences.

Don't get me wrong, I like Harrison ford and the character he portrayed very much, but from a writing and character development perspective, Roy seems, to me, to be the richest as far as depth of character and journey.
the character roy IS something of a prize indeed. :o
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:36 pm

What about these characters anyway.......

My fav. character is probably Deckard , Bryant after that, then Z. and R. . My favorites kind of change sometime. I was just thinking though, ( in a way )the character that harrison plays is not much of a blade runner as you would expect him to be ,meaning, it seems like bryant could have hired someone that could handle these replicants a little better ,of course he was playing a man that had slowed down somewhat and had pretty much retired from his profession ,and these nexus 6 replic. were a new breed and I reckon stronger than the last batch that tyrell stirred up. It does look like bryant was short on help and did need a stand in, because Holden was hooked up to a life support machine . Let's not forget Gaff's injury ,he might have gotten while aprihending one of the 2 replicants you don't see on the screen in the smokey briefing room, the one that didn't get fried. I think Gaff caught up with this one. (Inter.version) When you think about it ,deck got beat up a little too much and roy and batty were kind of like youg bullys beating up on an old man in the movie. (What are your thoughts ,anybody?) We can feel like we feel about certain characters but r. l. z. and priss will lie, cheat, steal ,and kill on impulse to get what they want . There definetly not to be trusted,I mean did roy have to kill jf?,I mean some of jf was in roy ,talk about heartless! :!: I always thought pris was one of the most devious and mischievous people I've ever seen on screen , a killer , a sweet killer . We can see different views in different situations concerning the story and the reasons people or rep. do what they do. 8)
<<

Horoma

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:54 am

Definitely Gaff, mister coolness himself, both in the movie and the video game. 8)
"Yeah, I’ve seen the data. Implanted memories and four year life span. I’d probably get a little crazy too, but I wouldn’t start killing people."
<<

ElTorro

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:56 am

My favorite must be Batty, Mr Hauer himself. Must be his most memorable performance as an actor.

:shock: :idea: :arrow: :D > still kicking!
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:47 pm

ElTorro wrote:My favorite must be Batty, Mr Hauer himself. Must be his most memorable performance as an actor.

check him out in "wanted dead or alive"! :P
"I'm kinda nervous when I take tests" -leon
<<

dmohrUSC

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:11 am

I'm just a wee bit disappointed that no one here has mentioned Pris yet. C'mon, folks, she's amazing! When people (i.e., morons) say that BR has "no soul," I'll point to Pris (and all the other excellent female characters) as evidence to the contrary. Pris is like the sweet, anarchic heart of broken innocence in the movie - wiser than J.F. Sebastian, because she consciously acknowledges how cruel the world can be. Her ghetto-punk-ballet-dancer fashion sense is still visionary; her black eyespray must be one of the 20 coolest things in the entire movie. Plus, Daryl Hannah's audition footage for the part is better than most people's performances in movies that actually reach theaters these days, for god's sakes :lol: And the scene where Roy applies Pris' blood to his face kills me, just kills me every time - for my money, every bit as great as "tears in rain."
Last edited by dmohrUSC on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Noneoftheabove

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:55 am

My favorite scene with Pris is when she and Roy are manipulating Sebastian. At first she seems innocent, but you can tell later on that she is truly devious. The look she gives Roy after Sebastian leaves to take them to Tyrell speaks volumes. She scowls at Roy, almost as if she is saying, "We're gonna kill him and get what we want." Part of her feels pity for Sebastian, sure, although with a playful manipulation she covers an agenda.
<<

Ron Deckard

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:39 pm

Rick Deckard, of course! Favorite female character? Rachel.
I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want.
<<

Chris66

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:41 am

My favourites would have to be Deckard and Roy Baty.

Honourable Mentions:
Gaff, Leon, Rachael and Tyrell.
"Let me tell you about my mother"
<<

Blade Runner IV

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:42 pm

My favourite character is Rick Deckard.

I also like the Sushi Master. "He say you Blade Runner"
Last edited by Blade Runner IV on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:01 pm

My favorite changes depending on how I feel. It used to be Sebastian for a long time. Before that Deckard of course. Then for a while it was Roy. Lately I have been on a Gaff kick.

Andy
<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:34 pm

Surely has to be Pris, doesn't it?

On the one hand she is playful and childlike and animalistic, but on the other she is totally ruthless and able to play JF Sebastian. But you can forgive her that because her very survival is at stake, as well as that of her lover..

So hard to play favourites though, really. Every character contributes to make Blade Runner what it is.

I often find myslf wishing that Zhora had more screen time. She seemed the most "human" of the replicants to me.

Rutger Hauer was utterly fantastic as Roy Batty and Edward James Olmos as Gaff was such an enigma. I'd like to know more about Gaff, and his motives..
It's my heart. It feels like an alligator.
<<

doc3d

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:44 pm

By far the coolest sexiest woman in Blade Runner (I'm a guy, ok?) is seen for only a few seconds. She's in Taffy Lewis' bar, wearing a black hat (with a 40s-style veil, if I'm remembering correctly) and has a cigarette holder in her hand (again, if I'm remembering correctly-- she's onscreen for such a short time and I have to admit it's been awhile since I've seen the film). I'm waiting for the bluray upgrade I plan to buy in 2009 to watch it again. I do have the 5 dvd bluray set...

doc
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:58 pm

He he...I have dated many women that I can in retrospect realize looked like Pris and Rachael. One even had the nickname "Pris". My current looks more Like Rachael, but often dresses like Pris. She is now into Vintage dresses though, but more in the Betty Page vein. So yeah! I guess I would have to say I liked them too. :) I will have to look for the one you are talking about Doc, but I think I might know who you are talking about.

Andy
<<

doc3d

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:24 pm

THE COOLEST WOMAN IN BLADE RUNNER

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/316 ... f4dd_o.jpg

I mean, what else is there to say? She could launch a thousand ships.

DOC
PreviousNext

Return to Blade Runner Round Table