Blade Runner Not in Cinema

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:21 am

Blade Runner Not in Cinema

I was wondering if the movie would be shown in cinemas to coincide with the limited release next month or the Anniversary, but i have just got an e-mail from the distributor and they say they will not be showing it. :(
I wonder if it's the same for the USA?
I live in the UK by the way.
More human than human
<<

Kevin

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:47 am

I think there's more likely to be a limited theatrical release of next year's "Final Cut" version. All of the changes should make it worth an exhibitor's while putting it on.

Even if it does get distribution, whether we'll see it in UK cinemas is another point entirely.
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:02 am

Kevin wrote:I think there's more likely to be a limited theatrical release of next year's "Final Cut" version. All of the changes should make it worth an exhibitor's while putting it on.

Even if it does get distribution, whether we'll see it in UK cinemas is another point entirely.

Yup. And I think I may have to drive out of state to see it in theatres. I don't think it will be showing anywhere near where I live. Heck, none of the theatres here even showed A Scanner Darkly :( Not likely they'll show Blade Runner: The final cut. They did show the re-release of THX 1138 though, which I didin't get to see.

Heh, I just noticed this...the new title "Blade Runner the Final Cut" seems more like a parody name. The blade runner finally cut himself for the last time while running with those darn blades. Sad sad sad. He finally learned his lesson.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:23 am

THX1138 wrote:Heck, none of the theatres here even showed A Scanner Darkly :(

Gosh, my local cineplex IS showing "A Scanner Darkly" - yippee :D
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:38 am

THX1138 wrote:
Kevin wrote:I think there's more likely to be a limited theatrical release of next year's "Final Cut" version. All of the changes should make it worth an exhibitor's while putting it on.

Yup. And I think I may have to drive out of state to see it in theatres. I don't think it will be showing anywhere near where I live. Heck, none of the theatres here even showed A Scanner Darkly :( Not likely they'll show Blade Runner: The final cut. They did show the re-release of THX 1138 though, which I didin't get to see.

Heh, I just noticed this...the new title "Blade Runner the Final Cut" seems more like a parody name. The blade runner finally cut himself for the last time while running with those darn blades. Sad sad sad. He finally learned his lesson.

Ha. I get it. Never thought of it that way.

Blade Runner: The Kindest Cut.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott

Return to Blade Runner Round Table