FAQ  •  Login

Chilling discovery!

Moderator: Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:38 pm

grizzlelee - Intrigueing discovery 8) I had to check it out immediately after reading yer post the other day... :shock: :arrow: *the look on my face*. Forgot to reply tho'.
And thanx for the Publicity Still,too! The woman in the middle of this photo is most certainly real - This is why her hair had to be disguised and also why she wears a body-suit... Her mid-section would reveal a line exposing construction otherwise... like the mannequins.
I would guess this is the same model/actor that's lying in the bathtub.
Maybe the "great Scott" was mixing real people w/ mannequins for better Effect. For example... To enhance the effect of when Pris hides,pretending to be a mannequin. The possibilities are endless,though. The thought that it could be Mary is super kewl! Seems like more editing problems but only adds more layers to the BR mystique 8)
ImageImageImage
<<

grizzlelee

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:25 pm

Gene Ettix wrote:I would guess this is the same model/actor that's lying in the bathtub.
Maybe the "great Scott" was mixing real people w/ mannequins for better Effect.

I would tend to agree with this theory. Check out this latest screen grab:

Notice the similarities between the figure on the far left and the figure just to the right of Pris (same head wrap, painted face, etc.) and both are definitley human. Now check out the figure in the tub:

It's the same head wrap, painted face and if you look closely, the same flower-type bow on the right side of its head.

My guess is that all of the figures are meant to show JF's abilities as a genetic designer. And since there are no other tenants of the Bradbury, he just has them scattered around.

Mark
<<

wilbe

BladeZone Owner/Manager

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:38 pm

That is an extraordinary find, I agree that is what it looks like, of course the set designer Linda DeScenna was moving things around and redressing the sets daily. Things were very hectic and it probably looked good. Ridley Scott's motto was"more is better".
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:42 pm

Another example of Ridley's "more is better" philosophy was also included in the characters of J.F.'s little man-made friends. Napoleon looks to be only a toy,whereas Kaiser appears quite human. I believe he(Ridley) was wanting to confuse the viewer with all this real/unreal stuff. In a future BR-type world,what or who is real or synthesized would be the question on everyone's mind on a daily basis... this is an important point in BR. Let alone the question as to whether a Nexus-6 is real even though it is synthesized.
ImageImageImage
<<

wilbe

BladeZone Owner/Manager

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:48 pm

I agree, even in my lifetime I believe stem-cell research will be common. I guess the question is "is a cloned plant or animal real"? I believe it is.
<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:00 pm

Funny, I think people on this thread alone have done more investigative "detective" work regarding this breakthrough than what Deckard did in the entire movie!

This is truly a major find! To find such a hidden treasure after 22 years...this calls for a celebration. I would like to propose a cyber toast:

!CHEERS!

!SALUD!

!KAMPAI!
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:56 pm

HAZAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the Treybortorium! Rooms are $100 a night, but padded cells are free....
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:53 pm

Cyber Toast Yeah!!!
I must say... This sure has livened things up around here -
Kudos to grizzlelee aka Mark -

:D NOSTROWJA!!!

:D PROST!!!
ImageImageImage
<<

THX1138

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:05 pm

i agree, we do all the detective work, lol. maybe our next goal should be to find out who played abdul housan? im sure we could do it. or maybe, we could locate the rare pre-cuts of blade runner (the dallas sneak peak and such)
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

BR12819

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:23 am

i have yet to verify this with my own eyes but it looks very interesting good find

oh man you just brought up a fuzzy memory with that Kampai! sorry to get off topic

but bottoms up to all the guys here who keep finding all this great stuff

keep it up
Holden:"It's a wipe out, they're almost us!"
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:46 pm

Cybertoast!

???SALUD COMPADRES!!!

[chink - chink] :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

citizenchris

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:16 pm

Its is awesome! I just chekced it out myself on my mac and it is their and quite disturbing if i do say so my self. Just so completely odd. Why is ol Deck oblivous to this obviously dead rep or human? How many movies could such a discovery be made 22 years after the fact? Ridley is a genius!
<<

Prodigal Son

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:54 pm

OK, I had made a new post asking about this, we should probably keep it all in here (unless there's ANOTHER post I'm not aware of). Anyway, I'm sure you all know by now that there's a great shot dedicated to the decaying body included on the Nexus Generation featurette (disc 4).

Pretty amazing stuff Ridley!
"Nothing the God Of Biomechanics wouldn't let you in heaven for..."
<<

grizzlelee

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Thanks Prodigal Son for the update. That short clip on Disc 4 is absolutely amazing! It's the whole reason I started this thread....how many years ago? In that clip, what's more weird than seeing the body in the bathtub is Deckard's obliviousness to it!

Mark
Previous

Return to Blade Runner Round Table